NSW Eagle Vale Duplex

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by hash_investor, 11th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

Guys, looking to make an offer on a 3 bed duplex in Eagle Vale. I have other property in Sydney so can live in that one or this new property in EV, have not decided that yet. But from the area and CG point of view what do you guys think? The street, Cornelia Ave seems to be very nice and clean. People living there are friendly and generally well off. Saw an old lady doing some shopping herself since WW is just a short walk away. Minto station is also 8 mins drive.

Leaving the price and numbers aside what is your take on the area?

2. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

^ bump ^

Anyone who is familiar with the area? I am currently negotiating with the agent a 3 bed duplex.

3. qonyx_sydney

qonyx_sydney Well-Known Member

Closest i was looking was around St Andrews and that was over a year ago now. I felt that it had already moved too much for my liking which impacted the yields from a IP perspective.

I do like the newer areas (ie. 1980s+) in these suburbs as they remind me a little of some of the estates around Wollongong.

If you have your heart set on Eagle Vale i'd recommend ensuring that your yield will be able to withstand a long term hold as this is the duration that you would need to hold to get any decent CG.

If you are planning it as a PPOR then i think that this is definitely a good option as it it seems to be great for Owner Occupiers and most importantly has a lower entry point than the rest of Sydney, coz at the end of the day you gotta live somewhere.