Dymphna Boholt - Real Estate Program. Has anyone here done it?

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by jen.manalo, 2nd Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. FullRun689

FullRun689 Well-Known Member

Hi Gockie,

you are such an inspiration here. I am looking to use my SMSF money (around 270k) to do JV subdivision deals with people, and wondering your thought as to whether I should just landbank and progressively develop later on myself (i mean buy a block of land with subdivision capacity in area with capital gain potential)?

FYI, I got to know Giumelli group's Palladium program (small subdivision JV projects) recently, and still contemplating whether I should join it or not.

Thank you very much.

Fullrun

2. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I have no idea of Giumelli so I won't comment on that.
    Re: Land banking - you can but I'd want it to be producing a rental return at the same time.

And re: joint ventures. I think the important things are to know what track record do your partners have, what they bring to the deal and to get a solid legal agreement in place in writing before starting.

Last edited: 14th Dec, 2017
  3. bunkai

bunkai Well-Known Member

I guess it depends on you - 20k is a huge amount IMHO. The depth of knowledge here and the somersoft archives is huge but it only works if it is in a form you can consume.

Residential property investing has fundamentally changed over the last few years, the rules are completely different - I'd be weary.

4. CamH122333

CamH122333 Member

is their anything in it worth wile ?
    what is the next best resource for fining education around property investing ?

5. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

Property chat

hammer and RS Gumby like this.
  6. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

You could place 100% of your super at risk. Landbanking using super may be a problem as it would be difficult to produce a investment strategy to satisfy any competent auditor. Its also a very minor sum and the ATO consider a single asset class to be an unacceptable super strategy.

If any JV party has discussed super you should stop right now. Their guidance is likely illegal. It they dont hold an Australian Financial Services License (AFSL) they are discussing something that they are unqualified and unlicensed to do. To verify this ASIC could be contacted. ASIC routinely are looking for illegal super advice by property spruikers and vendors.

I recently posted about small & exclusive "clubs" doing property deals and will share the link on my views.

7. Gforce

Gforce Active Member

Am currently a platinum member. 25k if ur already a basic member of ultimate program. Ultimate program looks to be plenty along with included coaches on forum to answer questions and support. Community is large and supportive/knowledgable. 25K platinum program is not as top shelf or hands on as advertised. More consultancy than coaching every few weeks. Networking and coaching available in basic Ultimate 6K program. My platinum experience so far is ordinary, from a coaching performance perspective. Making the most of it regardless. I'd put my 25K into a deal next time.

8. beachgurl

beachgurl Well-Known Member

I think it was much better when Dymphna ran Platinum herself with a few assistants. A lot less people in the group, everyone met at the same place each month and quality time to discuss deals. With the state-led camps with coaches for each state I agree that it is more consultancy than coaching these days.

Gforce likes this.

PFI provide our clients with the opportunity to purchase an investment property, together with performing equity investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities some providing monthly income. This is the value of advice.