Dymphna Boholt - client on the brink of retiring. Or not.

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by Sackie, 16th Jan, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Wonder how she is goin' today.

2. cheesebites

cheesebites Active Member

Grandkids wanted to get me on Facebook and I rather foolishly put "Investment, Real Estate, Property Investment" as interests relevant to me.

When her ad came up on my page, I posted a link to the news article about her getting fined... and got banned from her page :(

3. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

May be she has been can at least get her car retyred, and can go in that.

4. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Ya cheeky sod..a thumbs up that!
    Hillarious...retyred...but seriously..I hope this people did not go down the gurgler.

@Kate Moloney I think traded out of her issues...I think....

5. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

I went too her seminar in Sydney in about 2008. She was giving appalling advice to gullible people telling somebody to use the only funds they had, 30k they had in Super to buy property. She would try to belittle anybody that questioned her advice than ignore them and not take anymore question from them, but would take lots of question from people who were obviously naïve. She made it sound like property investing was very risky and dangerous if you didn't have her to guide you and gave the speil about conquering you fear ( throw common sense out the window),and advocated complex expensive structures that only she could set up. At departure on the train hyped up people were bragging how they were making all this money with the guidance of this guru in mining towns, and I was shot down in a ball of flames for daring to suggest it may not be a good idea to invest any more money there. So now I have bitter sweet feelings about it.

6. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

She was planning to buy a few in mining towns. I'd say she isn't doing that great today. Probably disillusioned with real estate.

7. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Got to love spruiiker hyhpe. Website snake oil.

Have to share this website gem....

Most Australians don't realise that the ATO have got a hand in your wallet and because of the small size of the deductions such as state taxes, federal taxes, Medicare, petrol taxes, land taxes and on and on it goes, you just cop it sweet.

Deductions ? Actually many of the above arent deductible and cant be. Just embellished? Ok so land tax is deductible. Is so on deductible? I highlighted in bold the problem ones. Dont let facts get in the way

State taxes? You meaan land tax? Name another...hmmmm. embellished. Name the non deductible ones ? A misleading view to suggest the ato has a hand in anyones wallet by limiting deductions for taxes that are nt imposed or deductible.

Pants on fire.

Or just waffle......The dumb depreciation mistake many property investors make which is like poking a bear with a sore head in the eye with a stick (don’t do this, or you could end up on the tax office’s hit list....

I dont even know what that means... sorta like blah blah blah.....so glad we only have koalas...put your sticks down and the ato will leave you alone i guess

This one in media should be warning enough
    Dymphna Boholt Fined For Bogus Claims

Last edited: 7th Feb, 2018
  8. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    So I sat through an almost week long industry accreditation thingy this week at the insistence of a B2B partners PI Insurer, and two of the other attendees were from knowledgesource .... which I believe is one of her companies.

You know, each to their own and all of that - but these guys talk about her the way Tom Cruise talks about scientology.... and they charge a client ( sorry, they call them "students" ) 30K up front for "mentoring". For that you get 1 x 2 hour face to face session every 4 weeks, for 12 months , and telephone support for 12 months ... from people ( based on the ones I spent the week with) who have about as much knowledge of property as my 9 year old niece..... and they apparently show you all the "tricks and tips" to get you to 10K per week passive income in 5 years.

Now... I had to spend the best part of the week there so I didnt want to start a fight, so I humoured them. But man oh man...

Last edited: 23rd Jun, 2018
    Ted Varrick likes this.
  9. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

Enlighten us:) :) :)