Duplex townhouses shared wall

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by Anhgreathouse, 27th Jun, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Anhgreathouse

Anhgreathouse Member

I am looking at getting a duplex townhouse with its own street frontage as a PPOR and wondering how one assesses the soundproofing of the shared wall when inspecting the house? Is there any way to find out how good it is or whether it exists at all? I tried searching the forum but can't seem to find anything about assessing soundproofing pre-purchase. Is this something perhaps unavoidable when buying into a townhouse with shared walls until you have moved in to tell how good it is? Thank you.

2. Mark F

Mark F Well-Known Member

Just knock and ask the people in the other side to turn up their stereo before you inspect. I will also help keep the price down as the others at the inspection will be put off.

kmrr likes this.
  3. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

How old is the place ?

Usually Masonry walls on thr ground and firecheck plate style gyprock I think

ta
    rolf

4. Anhgreathouse

Anhgreathouse Member

It is brand new. Are there regulations for soundproofing for new townhouses?

5. shorty

shorty Well-Known Member

Ask the neighbour. Most likely it will be something like shaftliner which works pretty well.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia