NSW Duplex townhouse with 4 bedrooms for 650k - is the price ok?

Discussion in 'Property Analysis' started by Tomoe, 2nd Aug, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tomoe

Tomoe New Member

Hi, I would like to know (with the current trend of market) if a duplex semi-detached townhouse is good for the price of 650k. It has 4 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms and 1 garage. Location is in Bardia NSW. Appreciate the advice. Thanks.

2. Tomoe

Tomoe New Member

Also, this is in the south west area. Close to edmondson park train station (about 5mins drive).

3. ChrisDim

ChrisDim Well-Known Member

I must admit, I live in South West Sydney and travel to Ingleburn and Campbelltown quite frequently but had never heard of Bardia before! :D... With that in mind and not knowing the land size, age and condition it is hard to tell if the price is right.

Look... if it is to live in, you can easily do you own searches and get a sense from similar properties. Find out past sales, account for the passing of time/current condition/stock available and you will know pretty soon.

If on the other hand its a IP and that's your budget, you should be able to get a far better buy a lot closer to Sydney - and in other parts of Australia depending on your strategy - where you will get far better growth and rentability... Unless, other than the second airport which is close but not that close to your area, there is something else happening in that part of the world and I am missing it ;)

4. Tomoe

Tomoe New Member

Hi Chris, thanks for the reply and advise. The land size is under 200 and a brand-new townhouse within the Ingleburn Garden Estate. I tried to do some searching and so far, for that kind of property in that area, the price is normally 730k. But then again, the market is slowing down (from what I've been hearing/reading) hence I'm not too sure now if I should wait or not. o_O

5. Just_A_Name

Just_A_Name Well-Known Member

Just personal opinions, It might not be suitable for you.

1. I would not buy brand new properties, unless it is too cheap for its value (20% under or more). Some might argue about the depreciation scheme, but I would suggest you never buy IP only because of this. Depreciation is just the cream on the cake.
    2. I am not sure the land size part, but from memory early this year, it sounds smaller than the average in the surrounding area (Liverpool and Campbelltown).
    3. The price. 650K for investment, I would look somewhere else in Sydney or other cities for capital growth.
    4. I would suggest you solicit an buyer agent with good tracking records for the job. 10K - 20K BA cost is not that expensive for 650K investment.
    Hope this help

The_Kiss

Our clients are global and know we are property tax professionals. Our advisers are qualified and experienced and we don't outsource. We can help with complex CGT, Income Tax, and Developer issues. Property is our speciality incl Trusts, Co and SMSF