Duplex Invest - anyone used them?

Discussion in 'Development' started by Axl007, 6th Jan, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Axl007

Axl007 Member

Hi,

I did a search and can’t find anything on them. We live overseas so need to be hands off so are interested in using a company like this. Has anyone used them or a similar company with good results? Thanks.

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Is there a link to a website?

Have you considered an independent buyer's agent rather than an agent off-loading a developer's stock?

Are you looking for a turnkey solution or any existing development?

3. Axl007

Axl007 Member

Thanks Scott,
    It looks like they project manage and are a buyers agent rather than trying to offload (which we definitely want to avoid) which is what we are looking for (manufacturing as much growth as possible to reinvest) Here is a link to their site https://www.duplexes.com.au/. I can’t find any reviews so keen to see if anyone has used them or can suggest a similar company.

4. Scott No Mates

They must keep a low profile if there's nothing on the net about them.

Nothing buyer's agent about them - looks like developer's stock.

"Our ready to start duplex and development projects in NSW, VIC, QLD and SA come with detailed due diligence...."

No ABN, builder's or property licence (under that name for NSW).

"If you do not have a bank or broker we can arrange one as we work with some of the top finance professionals in Australia."

Sounds like a one stop shop.

Jess Peletier likes this.
  5. Axl007

Axl007 Member

Thanks Scott

6. Fabs

Fabs Active Member

Hey Scott, what is your opinion about "one stop shops"?

7. Scott No Mates

Run! Fast.

You want your own team around you, independent from the developer, property manager, sales group, lawyer, finance etc.

BunnyXiao, Blueskies, lixas4 and 4 others like this.
  8. Paul Bieg

Paul Bieg New Member

Hi All
    I'm Paul Bieg - Director of DUPLEX INVEST.
    I found this post while looking to correct an incorrect business listing for DUPLEX INVEST.
    Very quickly we are Buyers Agents, Project Managers and Finance Brokers.
    Rarely do we sell developers "stock" as we pride ourselves on creating our own custom DUPLEX Projects / that you wont find elsewhere. We are totally independent.
    I would be very happy to chat to anyone personally about our services

Last edited by a moderator: 6th Apr, 2024
    TerryN likes this.
  9. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

lol looking at their site rubbish locations
    costs are generally what two proper house + land costs

profits are probably made up by overvaluations

10. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

From their website:

Duplex Invest © 2019 - DUPLEX INVEST are not buyers agents or project managers – although we do perform a similar role, we are not representing ourselves as such. Although licensed, DUPLEX INVEST does not act as a real estate agency.

jared7825 and spludgey like this.
  11. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

From what I can tell, they offer an "armchair developer" service - they take care of the research / planning / building oversight / handover / etc on behalf of an investor. It doesn't seem that different to how other development services companies work? If so, I don't really have a problem with their model.

The big question though, is how they get paid. Perhaps @Paul Bieg could come back and offer some insight into how their business operates for the benefit of our members?

Stephen R likes this.
  12. Stephen R

Stephen R New Member

I have just come across this post today but thought I should chip in and clarify a few things in the message chain since no one else with personal experience with DUPLEX INVEST has commented yet.

I been a client of DUPLEX INVEST now for 1.5 years. I am currently selling my first duplex project and I am very happy with the service that Paul Bieg and his team at DUPLEX INVEST have provided me that I have gone ahead with another three duplexes ( all in different locations across NSW).

I own and run two businesses so I don’t have time to research and find potential sites suitable for a duplex, talk to town planners, local councils, architects, engineers, surveyors etc and negotiate with multiple builders only to hope that I have found the best prices possible and that the builder is suitable and won’t go bankrupt!

That’s where DUPLEX INVEST come into the equation, they do all of the above plus more. I was speaking to Paul Bieg last week in regards the latest project he has passed by my desk ( which I am going ahead with) and he said that they have done over 200 projects for clients -which I believe.

Regarding the question of how they are paid well DUPLEX INVEST get paid a referral fee by the builder. The builders are happy to pay the referral fee since they have not had to spend the money and time researching potential sites for a duplex, dealing with town planners etc and advertising to finding suitable clients to build for... it’s a win-win for the client and the builder.

If you are like me and not happy with just buying any old house and Hoping it goes up in value but want to manufacture some equity which at todays 2020 interest rates allows the duplex to be significantly cash flow positive then I recommend people give Paul Bieg at DUPLEX INVEST a call to discuss the services they provide in more details. P.S. just because you call him it does not mean that he will have a project ready for you to assess..... you may need to wait a while since he has alot of repeat clients like me and high demand for the projects his team have put together for their clients.

Here is a link to the duplex I am currently selling that I did with DUPLEX INVEST
    28 Thorncliffe Avenue, Thornton NSW 2322 | Domain

DCB and TerryN like this.
  13. Stephen R

Stephen R New Member

Hi Simon
    I have just posted a reply to your question about how Duplex Invest get paid. I am a client of theirs.
    regards
    Stephen

14. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Anyone else find it a little too contrived when someone keeps typing the company name in ALL CAPS? With a slick post into a months old thread?

BunnyXiao likes this.
  15. Paul Bieg

Paul Bieg New Member

Hi All

Paul Bieg here again – Director of DUPLEX INVEST.

Thank you Stephen for alerting me to this thread, I wasn't aware it had continued. Also thank you for your kind words - that is very much appreciated.

Firstly, as Stephen has accurately advised, we get paid by the builder as we have (keeping it short) sourced the land, created the DUPLEX design, consulted with our planners and council to confirm suitable for a DUPLEX, arranged the DA and BA and of course introduced the builder to the client. We handle all client / builder communication and manage the project to completion. We also undertake the subdivision and strata / Torrens title. We have a finance arm and can also introduce you to a property manager or real estate agent on completion of the DUPLEX Project.

I will be happy to go into more detail, email more information or talk directly to anyone with questions

Below are 2 custom DUPLEX Projects that we have recently created in NSW:

- Wallsend NSW -

- Southcoast NSW -

To take a virtual tour of 3 recently completed DUPLEX Projects please click the links below:

402 Octagonal Rise – Virtual Tour

43 Meares Circuit - Virtual Tour

55 Sovereign Drive - Virtual Tour

The 402 Octagonal Rise DUPLEX Project was priced at $760,000 and each unit sold for $460,000 = $160,000 development profit. As such the client is currently looking for their second DUPLEX Project.

The other 2 projects were rented / both slightly higher than what we predicted, achieving over a 6% return.

I hope that helps - feel free to reach out.

Paul

Last edited by a moderator: 6th Apr, 2024
    TerryN likes this.
  16. Stephen R

Stephen R New Member

Hi Trainee

I have to say I find your comment insulting!!

I am totally independent and only a happy client of DUPLEX INVEST!!

My businesses are in Radiology / Medical Imaging. My business name has lower case letters for the first word and capital letters for the second part of the name ( it part of my branding) so I don’t find it strange or contrived at all that I choose to label the name of the company in my post as they have it on their website DUPLEX INVEST. You can check it out for yourself if you want to see if I am telling the truth. www.duplexes.com.au

Secondarily the title of this post is “Duplex Invest -anyone used them?” So i am not trying to sneak in their name as some corny and irrelevant blogpost bomber would do.

Thirdly Paul Bieg ( director ) from DUPLEX INVEST actually commented in this chat in July 2019 so if he has used the title DUPLEX INVEST then it’s safe to say that this is how the words should be correctly written in the business name.

Fourthly this evening I was googling “investing in duplexes review” (at 6:44pm 14/10/2020 to be exact based on my web history) and the first google listing brings up this key chain. I started reading people comments and quickly realised that everyone on this post had no idea what services the company DUPLEX INVEST actually offer. I therefore felt it was my responsibility to clarify this and add to the quality of content on this chat site I.e. a change from speculation to actual fact from an experienced client.

I thought by putting my time and effort into providing a quality review of the company that this would be appreciated by people!!. I even provided a link to the property that I currently have on the market ( and I have a buyer for both duplexes in only 4 days on market!!) that this would provide extra credibility to my post. The duplex I have built is not the absolute prettiest and highest spec duplex possible but it is very good quality and matches the surrounding houses which is Exactly what you want when investing / building in a suburb like this. If my post was part of DUPLEX INVEST’s marketing efforts then would they not be showing the most prettiest high end massive duplex possible???

If you doubt the authenticity and independence of my post then give DUPLEX INVEST a call yourself and ask them about their services and to speak to a range of their repeat clients.

If you know anything about marketing then you will know the name Seth Godan. If you don’t then that’s ok, he is one of the worlds most respected people in marketing and author of many best selling business marketing books. Seth says that the best marketing is a brilliant product Or service. When you have a brilliant product or service you don’t need to do marketing because your happy clients do it for you!! I Believe I am one of these people who are singing the praises of this company purely because I am a happy client! If I was not a happy client I would not be a repeat client. I currently have 4 projects with DUPLEX INVEST which means that I have close to $4M invested in duplexes that they are helping me develop. Most sensible people would not do that if they were not confident of the companies quality or reputation.

If you still feel I am not independent ( after I have attempted to prove it) please feel free to get in contact with the chat groups administrators and report me and I will be happy to prove to them my identity and total independence and verify anything I have posted in this chat.

I wish you all the best in your property investing.

TerryN likes this.
  17. Trainee

You say you are a customer who has found a profitable service you are happy with, and you google ‘investing in duplexes review’?

he doth protest too much, methinks. Google that.

Last edited: 14th Oct, 2020
  18. Stephen R

Stephen R New Member

Yes that’s 100% correct!

Investors who actually invest hard cold cash and take on large bank loans to develop properties do their research and it’s not uncommon to search google for what other investor are doing in their area of interest /investment niche!!

Are you an actual property investor or just a chat site Troll??????

Have you ever built a duplex before or developed anything?. If so post the link to your Realestate.com.au or Domain.com.au or attached some photos otherwise you are just slandering my posts for no reason and you should be kicked off this chat site.

19. Trainee

You can decide that for yourself, and put me on ignore if you think my posts are insulting.

Brumbie and BunnyXiao like this.
  20. BunnyXiao

BunnyXiao Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness a noob who doesn't know who is who here o_O