Duplex block Gold Coast

Discussion in 'Development' started by Milo16, 10th Sep, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Milo16

Milo16 Member

Hi all,
    Just thought I’d throw it out there and see what people’s thoughts are on duplex blocks on the Gold Coast.
    Im thinking close to the water (within 500m) and north of surfers. I’m looking around $500k.
    I’m not planning on developing the block straight away. Probably a cosmetic Reno and maybe granny flat to increase the yield.
    Thanks in advance.
    Cheers

2. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

What sort of thoughts are you hoping to elicit?

3. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

It may be hard to find anything in that price range 500m nth of Surfers ,mostly it's high rise units even Southport ..imho..

4. Milo16

Milo16 Member

I’m hoping someone has done similar deals in the area and give me some insight. Any tips on quality of suburbs or areas to stay away from.

5. Milo16

Milo16 Member

I was thinking roughly 500m-1000m from a waterway. My budget is mid 500s all in. I’ve seen a few things listed in that range with R3 and R4 zoning.
    I’ve got to do my sums on sale and build price of duplexes. Do you or anyone else know anything about developer contribution fees on the GC?

6. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

No can't help with that,but to give everyone an idea ,just post -- not the one your interested in ..just another listing in the R4 zone southport..That way as people within this site who invest in that small area may give you a better idea on value size location..imho..

7. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

I am fussy.

I don’t like the northern end of the GC. Too much of a concrete jungle :eek:.

I would only buy south of BH, especially if one wants to buy on the water.

Drive the strip north to south and you will see what I mean ;).

Don’t buy over the border, that is Mexican country. Totally different mob down there :D.

Sackie likes this.
  8. Milo16

Milo16 Member

I do agree with what your saying. I just see good value and zoning (on paper) in the north. I’m only fairly new to the area and being a builder I’d like to find something I can develop down the track.

Do you need help with investment strategies, don’t want to buy the wrong stocks, or you just need a regular income stream? We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.