Due Diligence Questions

Discussion in 'Development' started by Cameron Harris, 25th May, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Cameron Harris

Cameron Harris Member

Hi everyone,
    I am currently doing a research project and would love your input if you think you could provide insights. My target target audience for the following questions is aimed at small time developers, renovators, project managers etc!
    The aim of the questions are not only focused on finding a builder but also finding architects, engineers, designers etc.

Any insights would be appreciated :) :)

-What is your biggest problem you have when searching for a professional and competent tradesman around the country

- (If you operate borderless)- If you already have contacts lined up in every state, how did you find them?

- What is your biggest pain-point when searching for builders or consultants when you’re in the due diligence stage of a project?

- Do you solely rely on word of mouth references for builders/consultants that you engage?

- Do you spend a lot of time looking for the “right person” for the job?

- How rigorous is your vetting process?

Thank you in advance,

Also, if you hesitate to answer these questions publicly, i'm happy to have you email me.. email address is [email protected]

2. Angad Singh

Angad Singh Well-Known Member

Hey @Cameron Harris,
    What's your research project on?

I feel I can offer some helpful information regarding:
    " What is your biggest pain-point when searching for builders or consultants when you’re in the due diligence stage of a project "

I am a small developer in Perth, WA, and, along with my father, felt so frustrated with the building industry that we ended up starting our own construction company.

We have literally built a company to address our pain points. Every quarter I run a strategy meeting, and I revisit this presentation to remind our team of our personal pain points with builders, and why and how we can do it better.

Please note, this is an internal document to align our team and is also given to new team members to ensure they are aligned with our values. It is not intended to be given to customers/clients.

Let me know what you think:)

Cheers,
    Angad

Attached Files:

lixas4 and Cameron Harris like this.
  3. Cameron Harris

Cameron Harris Member

Hi @Angad Singh thanks for your reply, and the thorough ikigai document.
    The project is for a business I am starting, doing market research before we launch to get clear vision on our customers painpoints.
    Appreciate your reply, I've checked out your site too. Will keep you top of mind for any projects in Perth.
    Regards,
    Cameron

4. Tufan Chakir

Tufan Chakir Well-Known Member

We work though ought the state and interstate
    One of the constant "barriers" to our engagement, as consultants, is the misconceived notion that it's best to use local people (consultant team)
    Local means that they have a limited overview (possibly), are not willing to fight/take on authorities because of a fear of damaging relationships, are not experienced in other areas - limited focus etc etc.
    Good people can do a good job, anywhere (look at major building projects anywhere - not necessarily undertaken by locals!)
    Clients/developers/investors need to think about finding good people rather than finding local people