Travel & Holidays Dubai airlines?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Sackie, 15th Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Hm true.. I kinda put it down to a whole day thing... I just don't think she'll enjoy it its not her kind of event....i'm sure we can find things to do that we both are excited about.

2. Casteller

Casteller Well-Known Member

After seeing the major sights if you´re stranded there on a late Sunday afternoon an interesting thing to do is check out Speakers corner on Hyde park, often some heated arguing going on there between Christians, Muslims, Right, Left & tourists, all welcome. Then stroll from there over to an Irish pub in Covent Garden which always had live music on Sunday evenings.

That said the best thing you can do in London is buy a ticket out of there. I lived there for about 5 years (too long), would travel on cheap tickets once or twice a month to somewhere else in Europe.

Blacky and Sackie like this.
  3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Thanks! @Casteller its sounding more and more like do whatever S#%t I have to and then leave the place to explore other countries..

4. Mick Butterfield

Mick Butterfield Well-Known Member

Whether you like the sport or not you can not help but get sucked in with the atmosphere. They do sport very well over there!

5. Mick Butterfield

Mick Butterfield Well-Known Member

Paris for a day would be great! It's all about the bread.

Sackie likes this.
  6. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

That's a pity. French bread is a "pain".

I haven't been to London for many years. But there's definitely stuff to do. Do a play or musical on the West End. Do London Eye and Shakespeare's Globe Theatre replica. Do St Pauls and Westminster. If you're there on a Sunday go on for a choral service (though the choir schools may be on summer break). Read the travel guides online and pick out things you and your travel companions wish to see or do.

Many cities have walking tours. That can be a good way to get your bearings. Then do a hop on hop off day.

IMO three days won't do London justice, so I wouldn't be thinking of going elsewhere.

Joynz and Sackie like this.
  7. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Flying with them in a couple of weeks.....o_O:eek:

8. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

I've flown Emirates and Qantas loads of times. Comparable. I slightly prefer Qantas for the local staff, movies and better points. Both will give you free transfers flying business. The Dubai lounge blows though.

9. hobo

hobo Well-Known Member

@Leo2413 Just be prepared to yell "LEAVE YOUR GODDAMN BAGS AND EVACUATE" if required.

Sackie and legallyblonde like this.
  10. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Unless its a Hermès Black Limited Edition ...$121,582.83 :eek::D

11. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

So flight is 6am, leaving here 330am. Arrive in Dubai i think 14 hours later in transit. All this in the middle of making offers on sites...and one agent is going to call me while i am in transit..haha..would love to close this deal whilst in Dubai airport:D Who said property is all hard work...gotta have fun with it :cool:

Haven't even packed yet!:eek:

12. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

I Settled a property in Dubai Emirates lounge last year. It's easier to be in Australia but it does remove the emotion when you are geographically removed.

Sackie likes this.