Dual living property or 5 bedroom property

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by 1-Brissy, 13th May, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. 1-Brissy

1-Brissy Member

Hi there,

I am about to make an offer for a dual living property in one of the hot suburbs in Logan, which is 500sqm $700k with $700 weekly rental return. There are tenants in place

On the other side, I also thinking about a 5 bedroom property in another nearby suburb, 650sqm, $570k and rental appraisal is about $600. But I am unsure if there will be any tenants after settlement

Which one should I go with?
    Any insight is appreciated

2. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Generally I wouldn't buy a property with tenants in place, I'd choose vacant possession. Who knows what hidden damage there is to the house or how hard it would be to evict them. I'm not necessarily recommending the one with no tenants either, as I don't know anything about the specific property. Is the house council approved, any main road noise, is it flood affected etc.
    Shouldn't be hard to rent out most properties in the current situation in the Brisbane region.

1-Brissy likes this.
  3. 1-Brissy

1-Brissy Member

Thank you
    I have had few chats with different property managers and I was told it was not hard to find tenants these days in Brisbane.

I also was advised to get vacant possession for the property as we did not know anything about tenants like what you mentioned above

I will think hard about it

Thank you