Dual key Lawnton, Brisbane

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Brad England, 7th Mar, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Brad England

Brad England Well-Known Member

Hi there,

I am looking for my first duplex/ dual income investment property in North Brisbane under 550k max. I would like to know experts opinion on this property. I find the lot decent sized, relative new construction, 25 km from CBD, good rental yield as positives in this property.

19 Admiralty Circuit, Lawnton
    19 Admiralty Circuit, Lawnton QLD 4501 | Domain

2. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

Lawton has grown a lot recently as well due to its proximity to hotter suburbs like Petrie, Bald Hills and Bracken Ridge. (its actually very popular). I am biased with the other areas as I hold numerous investment in those areas. :)

I was looking to buy in Lawnton several years ago when I was actually shopping but ended up in Petrie. I would say Lawton is a safe bet if you can get a property at a good price.

I would be avoiding brand new construction. Your paying premium for shiny dishwashers and taps when all that stuff wont add single dollar to your future value. These things are cheap and you can do them yourself for much much cheaper of the cost you would pay from new construction.

Get something old, something solid but needs a crapload of TLC. If you can tackle things like tiling, painting, taps and basic stuff yourself you can value add easily. Small reno jobs like new bathroom you can use a contractor that can smash it out quickly and cheaply.

Look for large land, big frontage, corner block if possible. Main roads are OK to me as long as these have potential in areas that buying inside a cul-de-sac dont have.

Last edited: 7th Mar, 2021
    clubman likes this.
  3. Brad England

Brad England Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply. Totally agree Lawnton can be a safe bet. It may not have the yield like Petrie or bald hill or bracken ridge but has grown slowly. This property is a duplex at 540k on a decent lot. I agree old ones would be a better deal to add value. Based on my research I can't find a dual income at this price point in any of the surrounding suburbs. In general what are the thought on the above property. Anything I should be worried about or should check?

4. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Please check the flood maps. Drive out there and look at its location. How is the graffiti and general messiness factor these days backing onto Todds Rd?

Our clients are global and know we are property tax professionals. Our advisers are qualified and experienced and we don't outsource. We can help with complex CGT, Income Tax, and Developer issues. Property is our speciality incl Trusts, Co and SMSF