Driveway too narrow

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by rooster123, 21st Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. rooster123

rooster123 Well-Known Member

Hello Guys,

We have a really narrow driveway which is problematic even (sometimes) for a medium size car to come into garage. With growing family we need to also upgrade to a family size car and we are very worried about damaging it with this narrow driveway. Also by widening it we will have better front look/appearance to the house.

Called couple of tradies who said its impossible to get the brick match and if try to re-use, the labor cost will be high. So we are thinking to use stone when try to re-construct that part of wall.

1) Will stone more expensive choice here? What stort of stones should we use for this wall?
    2) I think we will have to take the council crossover permit as well? How much it costs generally for this much part in Sydney?

3)Looking at the measurement appro how much $ (just guesstimate) are we looking for this job?

[​IMG]

Stella

2. WestOz

WestOz Well-Known Member

bob shovel likes this.
  3. rooster123

rooster123 Well-Known Member

Thanks WestOz. Yeah but here I am looking from different aspect.
    We are thinking of doing stone wall, so have above doubts/questions, appreciate your inputs here.

4. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

5. Kael

Kael Well-Known Member

Thought it was the same post and I was having a case of Déjà vu xD

bob shovel likes this.