Driverless cars and impact on inner city car parks

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by oracle, 19th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

They pulled the pin on one of the pilot project in Arizona driverless cars, it crashed ...
    Back to the drawing board

Not sure if all pilot projects on hold until they determine what went wrong

Xenia likes this.
  2. Player

Player Well-Known Member

MTR likes this.
  3. bumskins

bumskins Well-Known Member

Not sure Uber is the pinnacle of where Driveless Car's are upto or a company to hold forth as a shining example.

Suburban/Inner City driving is what is going to take the most time to iron all the kinks out.

If we break Driverless technology down into different segments/areas.
    • I think we could easily use the technology now or very soon for dedicated shuttles.
    • Trucks running up & down highways. That's not to say you don't have someone in the driver's seat. Especially in the first few years of introducing the technology.
    This could then be expanded as the technology is improved.

I think if you couple the benefits of Driverless Technology with the Benefits of Electric vehicles you end up with a pretty compelling product. Even all that lane assist, adaptive cruise control, automatic braking, etc is going to help a lot of numpties even prior to any sort of full autonomous driving.

Last edited: 28th Mar, 2017

Do you need help with investment strategies, don’t want to buy the wrong stocks, or you just need a regular income stream? We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.