Dream Design Do

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by larrylarry, 26th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Ryan Cosco likes this.
  2. 380

380 Well-Known Member

$10-$12 k for Sub $300k properties

Renovation (Their own trade, Broker)

Release the equity for next one..

I guess above sums up what they do.. may or may not work for some!

3. Simon L

Simon L Well-Known Member

Avi Khan, House and Jacob Field like this.
  4. Esh

Esh Well-Known Member

I've met Zaki before, really genuine guy. His team actually bought my old IP in Tregear, the gentleman we dealt with paid way over market price though. I think some may be hits and some miss's but they def paid too much for my property. I did not complain though

Emma30 and larrylarry like this.
  5. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

6. 380

380 Well-Known Member

not long ago sponsored a nightclub party at Ivy... indicates me that target audience are young/first time investors with view of getting rich quick :)

yet to hear horrible reports, so must be working for some ppl!

Emma30 and Esh like this.
  7. Daniel007

Daniel007 Well-Known Member

I don't like the fact that he blanks out the locations of his own investments, seems quite strange to me, especially if you're trying to sell your expertise and success....

It didn't stop me from finding the locations through pricefinder...

http://en.calameo.com/read/00076112264f2e8300119

ellejay and Jennifer Duke like this.
  8. 380

380 Well-Known Member

May be trade secret!:)

9. Esh

Esh Well-Known Member

Because if he provides where he buys then everyone will just go buy there. They wouldn't need his advice for area

10. Mr Dabolina

Mr Dabolina Well-Known Member

I think you are right in terms of target market. I heard that in the early days his business was solid and customers were getting good deals but more recently they are quote: 'flogging any old tin shed to people so they can make their commission' ..words from a client (not mine).

11. BeefEater

BeefEater Active Member

I engaged the services of Dream Design Do back in mid 2013. At the time I was dealing direct with Zaki which was good. He found me a decent property in Western Sydney and I used his builders for the reno too. That's when the problems starting happening. As part of his "full package" back then he said he would be involved in the reno management process and any problems I had with the builder (Bruce) I can go through him to sort it out. There were so many delays and when it was time to confront the builder, Zaki didn't want to have anything to do with it and basically said I had to deal with it etc. Zaki had said that if we use his builders he can guarantee that for every week delay from completion, he will deduct a week's rent from the builder's fee. We were 4 weeks late in the reno and when the balance of the reno was due, Zaki denied the whole thing despite me forwarding what he had written in email. I ended up just paying the builder the full amount despite the delay as I felt guilty but was really disappointed in how Zaki dealt with the problem.

We also had issues with the broker he recommended us. When we first met him he said he doesn't want to deal with any outside brokers as he only likes to deal with brokers he knows can "get the job done properly". I was hesitant at first but he reassured me he has worked with this broker for a very long time and that she's very good. When it came time to get the unconditional approval there were a few hiccups and after I kept pushing him why she is so slow I found out that she had just started working for him and he had no idea how she works. Should have seen the red flags from the get go but I was young, a newbie and had put too much trust in these "experts".

Long story short.. we made good money from the property but so has anyone that purchased in 2013. I would never use Dream Design Do again as Zaki talks a lot but when things get a bit difficult he is nowhere to be found.

Judging from his posts on social media it seems as though his business has boomed quite significantly but I am under the impression he is now targeting a different market i.e. the young/first time investor as someone stated above.

Last edited by a moderator: 5th Dec, 2018
    New2prop, mcarthur and Perthguy like this.
  12. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

This seems to be a common theme emerging all across Australia.

13. Giuseppe

Giuseppe Active Member

More like a common symphony!

Perthguy likes this.
  14. House

House Well-Known Member

They're getting a decent rollicking in the comments section on their FB page for this ad

image.jpeg
    Facebook

image.jpeg
    Where does he get $52,250 from?!

$410k+$30k= $440k cost
    $465k-$440k= $25k equity gain
    80% of $25k is $20k equity available

Attached Files:

artemis and Big Will like this.
  15. Mr Dabolina

Mr Dabolina Well-Known Member

Go
    Good point - the rental yield doesn't add up either. The add seems to be getting a lot of attention but majority is not positive.

16. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

Never used but some common things to keep in mind, if it sounds to good to be true it likely is.

Also his website looks cheap and tacky, it appears more targeted to get masses of people involved rather than being professional.

As other have pointed out seems to be targeting more first home buyers/young people, why is that?

17. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

From API 2012, must be a big secret.

18. Esh

Esh Well-Known Member

It is a secret to those that dont follow the property market or time poor

19. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Markets change in 4 years.

20. Ash

Ash Well-Known Member

i met with one of the consultants in DDP last month .. not delt directly with zaki but my impression was they highly overcharge 14-15K for services while the areas she mentioned to me are ipswitch . logan, woodridge and redcliff which everyone is following.

Overall i was not convinced that they are offering any value for 14-15K. I can gauge after talking to consultant they she is here only to sell her offering and found no substance in talks

MavOne and artemis like this.