Draftsperson/Designer/ Architect recommendation for PPOR - Brisbane

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Tom Alaka, 14th Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tom Alaka

Tom Alaka Well-Known Member

So we are looking to do some non minor reno work shortly to our place. We have ideas on what we are after, but also looking for a little inspiration.

Any forum recommendations for draftsmen/designer/ architects in Brisbane ? Not sure if we will need an architect per se, though we would also like opinion as to whether there are better options for what we are wanting to achieve. And not sure if a draftsperson would just draw up what we ask for and nothing more?

thanks
    TM

andy ngo likes this.
  2. andy ngo

andy ngo Well-Known Member

I got the same question too. for Western Sydney area

3. Tonibell

Tonibell Well-Known Member

Depending on what you are doing - but we use Hotspace Consultants for designing a major IP reno in Brisbane (where they are based) and also for our PPOR in Sydney (via photos etc).

Very happy with what was provided for each of them.

4. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Where are you based, and how far would you travel?

5. Jane Eyles-Bennett

Jane Eyles-Bennett Member

Thank you Tonibell! Appreciate your kind words. Hope you're well. How's the Sydney reno going?

Bran likes this.
  6. Tonibell

Tonibell Well-Known Member

Hi Jane, we are living right in the middle of the Sydney reno - literally.

We probably should have moved out - but we've handed 2/3 of the house to the builders are living in the remainder.

7. A Jeremy

A Jeremy Active Member

8. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

How major do you go Jane?

9. Jane Eyles-Bennett

Oh good plan! Fingers crossed for a smooth remainder of the reno. Yep it's a bit of a biggie - can't wait to see your photos!!

10. Jane Eyles-Bennett

Hi Bran, Sorry only just got this message (need to update my notifications settings I think!). I consult on primarily cosmetic reno's but often there are small extensions or room reconfigurations involved; such as removing a wall, extending a room, adding a bathroom etc. In that case (and this is what Tonibell did), you would pull in a draughts-person to do the working drawings for the approval process and also for the builder to quote off and use these in conjunction with my spec. You can see a sample Renovation Action Plan similar to what I did for Tonibell here.... http://hotspaceconsultants.com/HotspaceConsultationPackages.html (admin; feel free to remove this link if not allowed).

docplus and Bran like this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia