Dr. Andrew Wilson's Presentation at the Michael Yardney Seminar

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by Invest_noob, 5th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Invest_noob

Invest_noob Well-Known Member

Hi all,

For those interested, here is a copy of the presentation by Andrew Wilson.

From what I understand, the data shows that Sydney is still growing strong and steady with no reason for that to change. Sydney's unemployment rate has gone down compared to the same time last year while Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth have actually gone up.

If the Sydney market does crash, it would be due to bad economic conditions, in which case I don't see how Brisbane and Adelaide etc would do any better. Brisbane may have done better when Sydney crashed in the past, but that could have been due to the mining boom.

Attached Files:

Luckycharm, MTR, Jack Chen and 3 others like this.
  2. bismarck

bismarck Member

Very interesting presentation. Obviously as Chief Economist for Domain he has a bullish leaning, but still good, data-backed analysis.

3. BuyersAgent

BuyersAgent Well-Known Member Business Member

Great share @Invest_noob - mostly good data speaks against the bubble crash hype in most markets, but does show the Sydney prices are higher than the rest though the economic base appears strong enough for now. Its weird that his "Sydney Regions" Map includes central coast and goes almost to Cessnock, but Wollongong is completely left out. Going that far south would get you almost to Nowra. Just a perception thing I guess.

Invest_noob likes this.
  4. Luckycharm

Luckycharm Well-Known Member

Great macro analysis. I have a simple top down approach to selecting properties so this was great data for me.

Thanks @Invest_noob and how cute are you!

Liz

Invest_noob likes this.
  5. Invest_noob

Invest_noob Well-Known Member

Thanks folks, I though this was the only good information from the Michael Yardley seminar. However as bismarck said, we must remember that Andrew Wilson gets paid by Domain, which makes more money when people buy. So of course he is going to be positive about the market.

How good does Hobart look here
    Screen Shot 2017-04-30 at 8.01.44 pm.png

6. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Official Announcement - Dr Andrew Wilson resigns from Domain.

On October 25th last year, I resigned as Chief Economist for the Domain Group.

My resignation concluded 7 years employed by Fairfax brands Australian Property Monitors and Domain Group.

Following my resignation notification, Domain enforced the ‘garden leave’ provision of my three month notice period. This provision precluded me from having any contact with workmates, clients, the media and the wider community through my various social networks.

With my garden leave and Domain Group employment finally concluded, I will now activate my role as Australia’s leading independent property market economist

From his twitter account.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Quite a bearish outlook

8. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing

Yes property boom officially over Syd and Melb

They were surprised Melb ran out of steam at the end of year 2017