WA Doubleview - First IP

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by CCPerth, 25th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I had never heard of Doubleview and from the comment, "within 20 klms of Perth cbd" I assumed it was further out, say 18 or 19klms. "Within 10 klms of major shopping areas" seems isolated in the Outback somewhere.

I also assumed the OP was talking about an urban sprawl suburb like Rockingham because of the talk about building a new home and I guess I just don't relate to "building" and "first IP" being anything other than lower-price entry HFB locations. That is what I "see" in my circle of acquaintances and 99% of what I read here about first IPs.

I just looked it up online and it is a really nice suburb, much closer in than I expected. This better knowledge makes the world of difference to what comments one can make.

2. radson

radson Well-Known Member

Dont get me wrong, I don't disagree with you.

Perth still has some hurt left in it and for me personally, the vacancy rate, yield and price equation still doesnt make a valid investment case, but i suspect it's not too far off.

Colin Rice likes this.
  3. strongy1986

strongy1986 Well-Known Member

Yeah still probably has a bit to drop so factor it in when you put an offer in. Someone will bite

Iron ore is going nowhere, worldwide population growth is exponential. Maybe india is the next boom
    Our iron ore is the best and politically safe

Go on reiv and punch in 20 random suburbs - most have had similar growth. Of course a site that is developable that wasnt considered for higher density living in the past will have sen exponential growth

Bloody good word that exponential

Cheers

4. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

My mate's dream house is in Doubleview. He reckons if he had another $500k he would buy this as a PPoR.

reiwa.com - 120 Wilding Street, Doubleview

Westminster likes this.
  5. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

If you want to know when commodities have hit the bottom and are likely to bounce up again, look in the job ads for Exploration Geologists. Geos are the first to be sacked in a downturn, and among the first to be hired, when mining co.s are cashed up and ready to look for growth again.

Westminster, Perthguy and strongy1986 like this.
  6. property novice

property novice Active Member

Are you an ex geo? I work as UG Mining Engineer in gold mine.

Last edited: 3rd Oct, 2016
  7. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

No I used to manage mining feasibility studies, so I spend a fair bit of time working with geo's and mining engineers. I'm running a team of analysts at the moment, but I'm seeing some movement by BHP and RIO. Feasibility work is picking up again, which is a good sign.

Perthguy likes this.
  8. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Well-Known Member

Thanks. Keep us up to date since these big guys usually know where the market is heading before we do

Perthguy likes this.
  9. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

I think their feas work will be around replacing existing mines and utilising existing infrastructure where they can.. so I don't expect any of the mega-projects that we just witnessed in the last 10 years. Hopefully a steady stream of smaller $100-500M+ projects..

10. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

Look for problems that you can solve as the more solutions you can offer usually equates to $$$ in your pocket.

Doubleview is a good suburb with decent future potential with the Scarborough Beach development and proximity to transport networks, CBD and the beach as well as being a very well established area.

As Westminster has sated check for the concentration of public housing within the vicinity of where you are considering building.

One of my favs as well :)

radson likes this.