Door sellers around Sydney CBD

Discussion in 'Styling & Decorating' started by Darlinghurst Boy, 20th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Darlinghurst Boy

Darlinghurst Boy Well-Known Member

i would like to put a Rose stained leadlite window door inside my apartment.toilet en

The cllosest door factory is Doors Plus at St Peters but they want me to come into order. I must come in personally to order apparently ? Quite ridicilous

I would rather just have someone come out and measure and then put it on later.

Does anyine have other Door Companies near Sydney CBD?

I love these doors and will put one as the toilet door, the rose leadlite white door $659 special but i havent got time to go in and mess around

2. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Where have you been DB?? We've missed you:(

Foxdan likes this.
  3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Stuck in the lift in some dive off Oxford St where the emergency phone doesn't work and there's no mobile reception.

158 likes this.
  4. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

That's a lot of partying :eek: but what ever floats your boat i guess. That moshe needs to take him to more reputable establishments

5. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

I have read some very bad criticism of Doors Plus in Sydney - especially about low installation standard and costs.

Have a look at what Metrix one of the builder/carpenter members of the renovate forums wrote after he was called in to fix one of their. Installations. It's on the site titled 'Doors negative', here is a (long) extract. He includes lots of photos:

'Well today was at a job and come across these doors which were installed by one of the BIG door places you see advertising on TV all the time and this one is a shocker.

Story goes owner contacted said door place, and arranged for them to replace 5 internal doors with 5 new ones, option for one of their crappy overpriced handles, and 5c hinges, why not also option for your paint and installation service.

5 Internal doors replaced with added value bits and pieces cost was $2500 [​IMG]

The doors were indeed pre painted, but upon installation the hack who installed them decided the doors were too big for the jamb (so much for pre measure) so he decided to plane off one side, also planing off the pre painted finish, and planing them so far he exposed the inner guts of the door, no worries I will just bog that up hack installer must have thought, yeah right, there is a 5mm deep crevice in one of the doors about 10cm long, where the bog must have sunk as the hole was too deep.

Never mind I will just paint over the side of the door with some undercoat, the owner won't be able to tell the difference, then I will install the 5c hinges using some old chipboard screws I found in the truck, don't bother with pre-drill, just whack them in, oops their all crooked, don't worry nobody will see it.

Now lets see, how do I install this striker, Oh you just screw it on flush don't you, !! what do you mean you need to chisel out so it sits flush, I can't do that it's too much trouble, nobody will see it.
    Ok now it's time to install the lock, lets use that blunt chisel we didn't use for the striker, and hit it into the side of this freshly painted door and split the veneers off, Opps oh well I cant see a problem, can you ?.

Oh the door is rubbing on your brand new timber floor wearing a mark in it, oh never mind just don't open or close it, doors are over rated anyway.

I have seen many many door installs by said company, and I have fixed up many of those jobs as they did not want said company back again, every job I have seen by them on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being disgusting, 10 being perfect, non of them would have rated over 3, this one is a 1, I can't believe that said big advertising company can get away with this, this client was very disappointed in them, I said to take photos and send them a complaint, asking them to replace the dodgy doors with new ones, and send someone who knows what their doing to install them.

The owner said I don't want to speak to them, it's just been one big **** fight with them from the beginning.

If you search google you will find hundreds of complaints from dis satisfied customers regarding their poor installation practices, I'm not sure who they use for installation but it certainly is not a carpenter, in fact its' obvious from what I'v seen they have no idea how to install anything...'

Last edited: 20th Jun, 2016
  6. Sam654

Sam654 Active Member

Hi Darlinghurst Boy, just wondering who you went with in the end as I'm also looking for someone to install an internal door. Any advise welcomed. Thanks Sam