Dontrentme.com.au

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Chilliblue, 30th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. S.T

S.T Well-Known Member

It would be funny if there were bad reviews on the site from the business addresses linked to Zeebs group!

2. propernewb

propernewb Well-Known Member

I think this is a fantastic application. Keep up the good work Anthony!

As others have mentioned, landlords and agents keep their own private database about problem tenants. I don't see why tenants shouldn't be able to reciprocate.
    Renting a home is more than just inspecting a property - you are also trying to form a relationship between realtor and tenant. This of interest to both parties as solid communication and negotiation will keep the property in its best condition.
    This website allows tenants to filter out landlords & realtors who will be troublesome in the future.

Interesting to see such a vehement response against the website. If you had nothing to hide then perhaps you wouldn't be so opposed to it.

Guest likes this.
  3. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

The TICA data base is not on public display for anyone to post, there is no comparison.
    I have nothing to hide and maintain properties to a good standard and fix minor items which I probably would put up with in our ppor. I certainly won't be paying to see what tenants may or may not say about our properties.
    Tenants already have a voice its called RTA. Current legislation is already heavily weighted in their favour.

VKeen2Learn likes this.
  4. propernewb

propernewb Well-Known Member

Fantastic, you know how to run your business. Others don't or won't.

This website eliminates the chaff and allows the performers to stand out.

5. S.T

S.T Well-Known Member

Say what? Here's what you need to list someone on TICA. Be great if this website would follow the same, but not holding my breath here.

http://www.tica.com.au/landlords.php

6. SonOfTrigger

SonOfTrigger Well-Known Member

Wow, a copy of the front and back of a lease document. All the onus is on the listing party to do so in good faith. TICA don't vett submissions, they just happily collect a fee.

Moorey82 likes this.
  7. aziebell

aziebell Member

Hi all - I'm following this and will respond to everyone tomorrow. I've been really busy with media and working on features for the website. I'll take some time out tomorrow to acknowledge each point I can.

8. S.T

S.T Well-Known Member

I guess you have issues with reading and comprehension, but the lease agreement is more than this website asks for. You struggled to read the part about the 14 days notice? How about the part where a landlord accepts legal liability for the listing? This website doesn't ask for any of that proof that a lease even exists, let alone giving a landlord or property manager 14 days to rectify the issue. Good luck to the guy - obviously his other business, Sex Store Pty Ltd aint going gangbusters and he thought he'd dip something else into this new venture.

HUGH72 likes this.
  9. aziebell

aziebell Member

Oh no, I think you've misunderstood on that one. You absolutely do not have to pay any money at all to find out you have a review, and responding is completely free and pre-built in functionality on the website.

You would simply pay if you would like our systems to automatically monitor and alert you to any activity relating to your properties on the website. That is only a convenience thing.

I have no intention on judging or grading the severity of complaints tenants leave, and then moderating them. I am a strong believer in freedom of expression. You know, maybe the reason the tenant is on my website airing their grievances has a lot to do with property managers deciding which complaints are worth their precious time - even though each property they manage earns them a commission of rent all the same.

Let me answer that, with this post:

I think 2340 has summed my thoughts up pretty well. The site is designed to air a grievance from the inane to insane in nature - people are entitled to review their experience.

I have no interest in defaming individuals by name. Additionally, I don't believe I am doing anything different than say, Google - with their review systems for other genres.

I've used my own birth name in media. I'm not sure why they think I'd do that, if I were embarrassed by my history. I am and always will be a serial entrepreneur, and successfully so these days, through the hard work and dedication of myself, business partners, and my wonderful staff. What I have failed in, and where I have succeeded, is the story of my life. There is no shame in that.

Thanks for understanding the point, I am very surprised to find members of this forum who "get it" and it gives me great faith knowing that even in a bias environment such as one like this, people with the sense of fairness exist everywhere!

Last edited by a moderator: 10th Oct, 2021
    Guest likes this.
  10. SonOfTrigger

SonOfTrigger Well-Known Member

i guess you struggle with not being a condescending ********.

If you seriously believe the tica process is some sort of legal failsafe that prevents dodgy acts anymore than this "likely to be gone in 3 months" renters website, you are beyond help.

Last edited by a moderator: 12th Sep, 2015
  11. aziebell

aziebell Member

Hello all - just an update for the landlords in this forum.. quite a few landlords asked to be able to be notified in case their property is reviewed, which seems fair. I have built new functionality that I am calling "Property Watch" - and it allows you to monitor and be alerted to any review or comments on your investment property addresses (up to two free).

Now, in before the criticism - I feel that is fair for the smaller operators, and I don't want mum and dad investors to be having to pay for the service. Any agencies or serial investors (3 or more) who want to track their entire portfolio, can, but will pay a fee to do so.

So - if you have one or two properties you want to keep track of - please give it a try. Hopefully the system never has to email you about the addresses anyway!

[edit] - another thing, I recently added new functionality for tenants to tag the property management agency, and for landlords & tenants to review property management agencies directly. Just click "Review Agency" on the main navigation to check it out.

Guest likes this.
  12. rhinsor

rhinsor Well-Known Member

So how do you know if the person signing up for the property alerts is the owner?
    Do you require a copy of the title?
    Do you require a copy of their drivers license or passport?

13. aziebell

aziebell Member

The Property Watch service is open to anyone who wishes to be notified about a property... not specifically the landlord, agents, tenant... but anyone.

It's namely landlords and agents who requested the feature - but it's also just as useful for tenants, if for example they want to know about new reviews for the agency they rent through. They can go to the agency page, and click to add to Property Watch from there. Make sense?

14. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

I have a question @aziebell how would you know if a property changes hands? Sorry if this was asked before. The new owner may carry the bad rep from the former owner. How is the new owner supposed to know about your website? Are you going national with this website?

15. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

I suggest you have defo law down pad in view of the law across states and territories as well as owners who live overseas... A defo lawyer should be consulted as a matter of protecting yourself.

Good luck.

16. VB King

VB King Well-Known Member

I must admit the first thing I did was use the map function to check my IPs weren't listed.

larrylarry likes this.