Don't usually repost, however I liked this one!

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Purple Patch, 20th Apr, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Purple Patch

Purple Patch Well-Known Member

As we grow older, and hence wiser, we slowly realize that wearing a $300. or $30.00 watch - they both tell the same time...
    Whether we carry a $300 or $30.00 wallet/handbag - the amount of money inside is the same
    Whether we drink a bottle of $300 or $10 wine - the hangover is the same
    Whether the house we live in is 300 or 3000 sq. ft. - loneliness is the same.
    You will realize, your true inner happiness does not come from the material things of this world.
    Whether you fly first or economy class, if the plane goes down - you go down with it...
    Therefore I hope you realize, when you have mates, buddies and old friends, brothers and sisters, who you chat with, laugh with, talk with, have sing songs with, talk about north-south-east-west or heaven & earth, that is true happiness!!

Five lessons of Life :
    1. Don't educate your children to be rich. Educate them to be Happy. So when they grow up they will know the value of things not the price.
    2. Best awarded words in London ... "Eat your food as your medicines. Otherwise you have to eat medicines as your food."
    3. The One who loves you will never leave you because even if there are 100 reasons to give up he or she will find one reason to hold on.
    4. There's a big difference between a human being and being human. Only a few really understand it.
    5. You are loved when you are born. You will be loved when you die. In between, You have to manage!

Six Best Doctors in the World
    1. Sunlight 2. Rest 3. Exercise 4. Diet 5. Self Confidence 6. Friends
    Maintain them in all stages of life and enjoy a healthy life.

Have a great day......xoxox

sharon, MTR, willy1111 and 9 others like this.
  2. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Can a UV lamp substitute sunlight? Tick

What if you sleep at work, that must count as rest. Check

You can pay someone to go to the gym on your behalf. Yep

I go on a diet every second week. OK

Arrogance is a form of self confidence. "You talking to me?"

You can still watch friends on one of those channels. "I'll be there for you"

3. Dan Donoghue

Dan Donoghue Well-Known Member

NOPE!!!!

I like everything else in there but seriously, one bottle of passion pop or spumante compared to a nicer wine (I wouldn't spend $300, more like $30 lol) you can tell the difference the next day :).

sharon and Jess Peletier like this.
  4. aussieB

aussieB Well-Known Member

I don't know how I landed on this page. But wise words. I feel the same about lighters. I used to own some insanely expensive lighters but now I think redheads do the job.
    Can't quite say the same about perfumes though, the nicer they are the more expensive they are :(

5. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

Passion pop...sure....that stuff is nasty.
    But you'd be hard pressed to find a better drop than ye Olde Koonunga hill ($15) at any price.

Nice post @Purple Patch

6. KinG3o0o

KinG3o0o Well-Known Member

money is not everything, but without money you are nothing.

dont live in utopia.. live in planet earth.

7. purplecat

purplecat Well-Known Member

I guess once the basic needs (shelter, food, safety, clothing & medical care) are satisified, having more materialistic stuff won’t increase our happiness; or when they do, it won’t last, unlike good experiences & happy memories :)

8. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

There didnt seem to be a mention by the OP of puppies and hugs?

Joynz likes this.
  9. Scandrew

Scandrew Well-Known Member

10. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

In many ways I agree - but would travel business class over coach if I could afford it. I drink $5 bottles of wine straight from the cellar door - good quaffing wine and simply don't drink enough for a hangover. I do like a small house, but when you share with a family, two large dogs and a cat then I really like my 300sqm (plus 120m of decking) ... I know ... it's about life rather than more expensive stuff

An even tighter summary of what was said in the OP: The best things in life are not "things"

MTR likes this.