Donald Trump for President..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by willair, 23rd Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

need to hang onto to our seats for this ride

2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

3. wylie

4. Northboy

Northboy Well-Known Member

Sometimes I see all of the Trump supporters (both American and Australian) who respond en masse on facebook in the comments section of every negative article on Trump and it scarily feels like he has an overwhelming majority of support. However, I just remind myself that he received a historically low share of the popular vote, with millions more voting for Hillary, and is entering office with a historically low approval rating. Obama's rating was double that of Trump's at the same time. I'll truly miss Obama, his dignity, integrity, grace, intellect, compassion, humour...

5. Casteller

Casteller Well-Known Member

Yes Trump supporters are scary and vocal, but they are an ignorant minority.
    Even on his first day Trump has started unwinding a lot of good things, the future is bleak for the US, at least for the next 4 years.

6. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Let's not forget....Trump actually won. That speaks volumes

Remember how wrong everyone was when they believed in the polls. Don't get caught up in smoke and mirrors.

Main stream media is a joke, I listen to both sides, no wonder everyone is so getting it wrong, listen to mainstream media is equivalent to watching Housewives of Beverly Hills, don't do it....

Finally prez in, now let's see if he delivers

Last edited: 22nd Jan, 2017
  7. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Did you watch the violence in DC tonight by democratic supporters/protesters, ugly stuff
    You are clearly stuck on mainstream media ....minority? ignorant? Trump supporters, you forgot dumb...that is what main mainstream media wants you to believe, likes to portray..far from reality.

Now, can we please give Trump a chance to see if he delivers, would be a fair call?

Chrispy likes this.
  8. lewy89

lewy89 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure I made the call months ago as someone posted on here that they were worried about the potential violence if Trump lost. I said that I was more concerned about the Democrats and lefties becoming violent when something doesn't go there way. OH and look what's happening.... so much for trusting democracy!

Chrispy, Francesco and MTR like this.
  9. Casteller

Casteller Well-Known Member

This violence was from a very small group and not connected to the millions worldwide protesting. These are anarchists who protest at all capitalistic related events. A common trait of the right to try to tar everyone from a small minority. Global peaceful mass protests are erupting now, good on them. Resistance.

If you want to believe and trust in Trump fantasy land you can, but don´t expect others to go along just because he won. Trump has exposed his true self and its not pretty. He had his chance and has failed already.
    Every mention of global warming has been deleted from the White House website

Northboy likes this.
  10. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

Agreed. U know how we always complain about crap property managers on here? I reckon the best way to deal with the lack of professionalism and knowledge the bad ones have is to replace them with people with even less experience and knowledge, can't believe no one suggested this before.

Northboy and geoffw like this.
  11. wylie

Of course. No other option. But the photos don't lie.

12. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Expect to see a lot of 'executive orders" as he tries to convert the democracy into a mini-dictatorship.

Slashing the access healthcare from millions of poor without any consideration of a replacement was a low act. Imagine the outcry in Australia if someone couldn't get hospital treatment for cancer, a broken leg a heart attack, simply because they couldn't afford to pay the bill.

As for climate change denial ... that is really scary. I used to be a non-believer 5-6 years ago, but what is actually happening to the earth and it's climate cannot be brushed aside simply because one is out of touch in their airconditioned everything

13. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If from what i read MrTrump is about to unleash a above tsunami of one trillion of solid debt,and with Yellen talking about hiking rates it can go only 2 ways GFCMach 2 or gangbusters..

14. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

The climate change stuff wasn't unexpected. Big energy has so much to lose with anything to do with reductions in carbon output- and now big energy has their seat in the cabinet.

The indications have been that there will be massive cuts to government. This is why we have seen the new head of the EPA a climate change skeptic. The secretary of education is an advocate of non government education. The energy secretary nominee has previously suggested that the energy department be abolished. Ben Carson is a superb candidate with extensive experience in medicine, specifically surgery. Yet he was put into Housing, which is an area he knows nothing about- why not something related to medicine?

And now, one of the unkindest cuts of all. There are reports that he is planning drastic cuts to violence against women programs- Trump team reportedly considering cuts to violence against women program

marty998 likes this.
  15. geoffw

Something of his success is already making itself strongly felt. His election has led to a 20% drop in the value of the peso against the dollar. Of course, that makes imports much more expensive. There have been mass protests in Mexico against the big rise in the cost of living. People who were close to the borderline economically are seeing themselves drop further back into poverty.

I have previously mentioned that there has, in previous years, been a net negative immigration of Mexicans (more Mexicans going back to Mexico than entering the US), as the Mexican economy has improved, as border controls have become more effective (yes, this is something that has been done already), and as Mexicans with criminal records have been deported.

There are competing effects economically.

While the rising peso makes manufacturing in Mexico more attractive, there is, of course, a huge pressure for companies to bring back manufacturing into the US.

If jobs in Mexico are lost, this, together with the declining peso, will make economic standards a lot worse for many people.

There is already starting to be an increasing pressure on the border- this has been tempered somewhat by the increasing difficulty of getting across. But at some stage, if things continue in the same way, there is going to be a huge amount of pressure on the border.

BTW, I'm not against border control. It's the right of any country to be able to control who enters that country.

However, there are some things about "The Wall" which I question.
    . To some extent, there has been a border fence which has been somewhat effective in controlling illegal immigration
    . The wall however will be built along areas where there is none already. This means that it will cover areas where border control is nowhere near as much of a problem
    . A far bigger problem to the US- and to Australia- is visa overstaying.
    . The proposal to force Mexico to pay for the wall by stopping payments from immigrants from US to Mexico will hurt people who are already the most vulnerable

16. geoffw

Just to make sure we are not using just one media outlet- Foxnews says the same sort of thing:
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/01/21/fact-check-trump-overstates-crowd-size-at-inaugural.html

Yet the White House Press Secretary claims the biggest audience ever on record. He claims 420,000 people used the public transport that day, despite the transit authority report 193,000 as at 11am- which is the comparison used for previous inaugurations.
    Metro on Twitter
    The 420,000 must have been a figure for the whole day... the press secretary said that this was more that the 317,000 for the previous inauguration- however the 317,000 was as at 11am; there were 513,000 as at 11am for Obama's first inauguration.

Such is the direction of the new administration.

They report 597,000 having used the system for the Women's March as at 4PM on 21 Jan.

Northboy, Ambit and wylie like this.
  17. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Ironic really...

18. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

19. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I follow what is happening in US and it is nowhere close to bleak. Perhaps read what is happening with their economy and jobs, and what Trump has being doing to start the ball rolling.

He was inaugurated yesterday, and now he is to blame for Obama's failures.

Right.... Madonna what did she say this morning.... stupid comment.

She thought about blowing up the White House. Now that is rational, how does this help unite the country?

another Celeb, out of touch with the real people.

If republic demonstrators behaved this way the biased media would be having an absolute field day. Its no wonder Trump has resorted to using twitter, only way to get the full picture.

Madonna, at Women's March on Washington, says she has thought about "blowing up the White House"

Note my avatar... :) I wont hold it against her, prefer to give peace a chance.

20. wylie

Seriously, lose the "snowflakes" tag. What does it even mean? On second thoughts, I'm not interested.

Trump today called those who didn't vote for him "the enemy". How is that helping?

And Anderson Cooper today has a rabid woman who keeps saying "who cares about the numbers at the inauguration" when CNN's coverage didn't mention the numbers yesterday at all and today's coverage is in RESPONSE to Trumps tweets and outright lies about the "biggest numbers of any inauguration, ever". Clearly Trump cares enough about it that it is monopolising the news on day one.

The commentators are incredulous that this is the topic that Trump is pushing today. They didn't report it at all yesterday.

He is tweeting about "biggest numbers" and also about "crowds not being as big due to 'magnetometers'". Checks with security say there were no magnetometers used.

So which is it? Crowds down, or crowds bigly up? Trump cannot have it both ways.

I cannot help but wonder if all this "noise" is to cover up the changes already made and keep the media from seeing what is being done under the radar.

Northboy, Lizzie and geoffw like this.