Donald Trump for President..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by willair, 23rd Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

wow what a great post

Bayview likes this.
  2. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

Shock and horror, disbelief - we are talking semantics; the fact that they never saw it coming is testament to how little time they actually put into trying to find anything good or constructive.

No-one on those networks was even remotely pleased that Trump won. It was obvious, and shows that their majority of commentators and reporters were definitely on the side of the loser, and at best did not do their job properly to read the mood of the population..

Their attitude was "How can he have won?" and still is.

As I said; Fox openly state they are more favourable to Trump and a more Conservative view generally; while the others never admit they are pro-Hillary, or Left leaning; constantly putting forward that they are totally balanced; while lambasting Trump constantly. No integrity, and got found out big time.

This does not mean that Fox have only given Trump a free pass at all; he has copped plenty on their station; but they do give him a few "attaboys" along the way, for sure.

MTR likes this.
  3. Bayview

No-one is being forced back into the USA to run their business.

He is merely laying down new rules to play the game for those who are still there, but are thinking of moving and taking jobs (and revenue) with them....he is allowed to do that; he is the CEO of the Corporation that is the USA.

If the deal stacks up; those existing Corporations will decide to stay - 3 already have, and he has also attracted a $%0B investment from a major Janaese Bank. LOads more revenue and jobs...and he hasn't even started yet!!

Those Corporations operating in other Countries are free to continue doing what they already do...they may decide to move back, and bring their Trillions with them.

But the existing USA based companies will soon be fined 35% tax to send their goods into the Country - if they leave and set up elsewhere.

Meanwhile; the existing Corporations will soon enjoy a new lower tax of between 15% and 20% (depending on whether their proposed new bill will show a zero deficit figure at the lower 15%. It may have to be tweaked up a bit until it hits that zero figure - possibly 17%)

I call this a terrific strategy; it is a tough stance, but their country is bleeding.

It is a move designed to help increase jobs for his citizens, and make it easier for existing Corporations to operate and make a profit while operating in the USA.

How can any of that be bad?

MTR likes this.
  4. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

germany is a war zone and a failed government? america has far worse crime statistics on pretty much every single metric vs germany.

youre just making nonsense up

5. Bayview

Not making it up at all, Sanj. Why would I make it up just to be flamed here?

If you are truly interested in finding out, I can post a very disturbing video (one of several dozen or more freely available on the internet; which never hit the mainstream news services...why is that?) from Germany of actual street riots and other unsavory and bloody incidents, but they are graphic and a lot of the posters here may be disturbed by the content.

Merkel was the orchestrator of it all in her Country by allowing complete ad hoc entry for all "refugees" (amazing how a large number are 18-30 year old males; why aren't they back at home fighting?)...over 1 million refugees last year into their Country. Some may think it is a good thing, but the reality is sadly far different.

Yes, the USA has some alarming stats too; and a decent chunk are right there in Obama's home city of Chicago (he does nothing to address it, and has even allowed Chicago to become and remain a "sanctuary city").

Granted; a lot of it is black versus black...but these are typically gang related and mostly one-on-one type issues...there is also the ongoing and weekly occurrences of cops (black, Latino and white) being attacked and killed..it is an escalating crime stat. I have a FB friend in the USA who is in corrections (an ex-cop), and he sends me posts at least weekly of yet another cop killed in the line of duty. It is astounding. So yeah; they have some real issues there now.

The other (and very real) issue - which Trump has addressed all the way through his campaign -and has endlessly been flamed for and still is - is the ongoing and escalating threat of Islamic terror and radicalization, which is also easily transported into the Country via the refugees (just like Germany, France, England and others), but also through the illegal immigration across the southern borders; where a large chunk of the drug traffic also comes from (as well as home grown drugs of course).

Terrorism as we all know has the potential for large numbers of innocent people to die and be injured in one attack. Some here will counter with "Oh; they are in the minority; what is all the fuss? you are all being bigots and racists!" (Islam isn't a race).

I invite you to google Brigitte Gabriel and hear first hand experience how a "minority" became the majority in a couple of generations, and eventually took over an entire Country (Lebanon) and destroyed it. Iran is another one. Here is a little taste for your enjoyment:

The difference here between Trump and Merkel is that Merkel has no plans to change anything (it is simply mind-boggling) despite many others' insistence; and she will be kicked out as a consequence by the people and her own Party before long....but it's probably too late for Germany....watch the videos.

Trump has been watching it all from the sidelines; he sees the dangers...and has vowed to protect his citizens from all that. That is not racist, or bigotry, or xenophobia, or Islamaphobia; it is what is required - and particularly what is required of a President to protect his/her Country and it's citizens.

Last edited by a moderator: 12th Dec, 2016
    MTR and Francesco like this.
  6. Bayview

Do you watch it? Who do like to watch the most?

If not; which ones do you watch for anything relating to the Election - before and after?

I like to watch Bill Maher, Jon Stewart and (reviously) Steven Colbert (his show is gone now, but gave Trump a caning when he was on air) - these guys are mostly anti-Trump, but very funny.

MTR likes this.
  7. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

8. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

You're not giving credit to the incoming president for this?

Unfortunately it's a drop in the ocean. The current Mexican government is too busy enriching themselves to pay attention to the crime problem in their country- it's probably the narcotraffickers who are keeping them rich.

Mexico is a fantastic country. It's so sad to seem it being wrecked by criminals and corrupt politicians.

Just several days ago five people were killed on a beach resort which has not previously seen this sort of crime. A resort where both of my daughters have lived and worked safely. Sad.

9. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Last edited: 20th Jan, 2017
    MTR likes this.
  10. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Who will be watching the inauguration?

11. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Me:)

Francesco and larrylarry like this.
  12. geoffw

No surprises... however, it is at around 3am aest, but at a much more reasonable midnight Perth time.

I suspect to the hard core fans, it doesn't matter. Personally I've never watched an inauguration live, even for the ones I like. It's only the ceremony after the main event, and anything good they have to say will be able to be seen at a much more human time of day.

13. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I'll be watching Anderson Cooper afterwards.

14. wategos

wategos Well-Known Member

Wow this really happened, president "ignorant prick". I think they need a military coup, perfect time, Trump still walking around in a daze.

15. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Watched the inaugural

I thought Trump's speech was a little lack lustre, but the ceremony had all the pomp and fanfare as you would expect.

MTR:)

Chrispy likes this.
  16. larrylarry

I watched it too. Let's see what happens in the first 100 days.

17. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

One thing for sure he will be shaking the establishment, very interested to see how this unfolds.

18. geoffw

He did promise infrastructure spending, which was something which had not been so clear recently. The stock market should like that.

Apart from that it was just emphasising things to his supporters. This is probably why it seemed lacklustre. It was a repeat of many things he has said before. There was not much new. Especially there was nothing offered in the form of conciliation, no olive branches offered to the other side. That moment of reconciliation offered at his victory speech was not repeated, which is a pity. He did pay tribute to the Clintons later at a luncheon however.

19. larrylarry

I agree @geoffw but he is no career politician and I don't expect him to be in the same mould as his predecessors. His first 100 days would likely to be, interesting.

MTR likes this.
  20. geoffw

The US should treat its health system like it treats its leadership. The health system has had so many doctors as a part of it, and it's not working. Therefore, like the government, we should replace the doctors with people who have had no experience in the broken system and let them run the hospitals, clinics, the lot. Drain the swamp.

sanj likes this.