Donald Trump for President..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by willair, 23rd Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Fox is the right wing propaganda machine. It is not balanced or unbiased

wylie likes this.
  2. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

You are joking, right?

I don't need to watch Fox to know where its bias lies. I read it. I read about it. I know that it's run by Murdoch- and anything by Murdoch is strongly Republican. I know that Trump favours Fox over any of the other mainstream media (except for one interviewer). And I know that many of the Trump supporters in here are all chanting together- Fox Fox Fox.

sanj likes this.
  3. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

Sean hannity himself tweeted an apology about the issue. I suppose that's biased too?

It would have taken less time to type that reply than it would have to check if you're speculation was in fact redundant and pointless.

4. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

At least Jon Stewart kept Fox somewhat at bay, now he is gone its open slather

5. sanj

Nothing like cheering for the high rating, billionaire owned, multinational and highly partisan network and then claiming it is the underdog, a minority, anto establishment and fair and balanced.

Just another day in the alternative universe for some of our esteemed colleagues

DaveM and geoffw like this.
  6. geoffw

The LA Times actually got the polling closer than most other media outlets, despite a leaning to left of centre.

7. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

Actually, you beat me to it.

I did attempt to add his apology into my post, but had missed the edit deadline time.

I was going to say that the fact that he acknowledged his mistake and made an apology goes to his professionalism and integrity that I mentioned previously.

8. Bayview

i have already established that it is Right leaning, and they themselves admit it.

So; that is one media out of how many?

The rest; never admit that they are Left. They all never admitted that they were pro-Hillary, and anti-Trump.

In their collective minds, they were delivering truthful and balanced news, but the reality is not this.

Incidentally; did you see Hillary's latest excuse today for losing?....it was "fake news" which cost her the Election.......like when she landed her helicopter under sniper fire?

9. Bayview

Do you watch Fox News at all?

Who claimed Fox was an underdog? - you bought that statement up from memory....Trump was an underdog, though. ;)

I did however mention that they are one of the very very few in the minority who offered a more balanced news reporting where they didn't spend 24/7 sprouting anti-Trump diatribe, without ever putting any heat on Hillary....hence; they were not in the least bit shocked about his win, while almost every other station was...they were all operating in their own echo-chambers without listening to what was really going on out there among the Deplorables..had they taken even 5 mins to give the Trump hate rhetoric a rest, and truly make some attempt to really investigate and report on what he was about and what he was doing, and read what the people (other than their own focus groups) were saying; they would not have had such a shock on Nov 8.

You mean like the universe our other esteemed colleagues are in where they slam Trump as a racist for "building a wall", yet have nothing to say about when Hillary says virtually the exact same thing several years earlier which I showed in this thread?

Deafening, hypocritical silence.

Last edited by a moderator: 10th Dec, 2016
  10. geoffw

Ironic that you slam the fake news, not long after posting about Hannity falling for a fake news story.

Fake news was an issue. It came from both sides, but more of it from the right according to analyses, and especially the far right. News stories such as the one about Michelle Obama actually being a man, Barack being gay and having murdered ex lovers, and even having Joan Rivers murdered for exposing that he was gay.

11. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

........and I love it :). Finally we have balance

Last edited: 11th Dec, 2016
    Sackie, Francesco and Bayview like this.
  12. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Got to love the way Trump is running rings around main stream media, calls them out at all his thank you shows, any one watch this?vIf not, I highly recommend

To think he spent a fraction of what Clinton spent in her campaign, and celebs to boot ...

MTR

13. sanj

So what you're saying is that your previous claim of accuracy regarding paying the mechanics mortgage off was entirely made up because your pied piper isn't actually that good at fact checking?

Glad we cleared it up.

14. sanj

He's running rings around you too, turned you into another parrot repeating lies as truth.

Think of how often you used the phrase mainstream media prior to this election.

15. sanj

You seem to think attacking hillary in response yon your lord and saviour being disparaged is an appropriate response. it isn't.

Bayview likes this.
  16. Bayview

You didn't answer my question; do you even watch Fox? I'll take it as a no, then...

Just trying to even up the playing field and keep it fair and balanced.

It was pointing out two factual incidents of things she has said...I don't call that an attack...you are using hyperbole, Sanj.

If it was an attack; I would have called her a racist and bigot for that video - just like you guys have been doing to Trump.

Trump has been smashed mercilessly over his "build a wall" comments, yet Hillary hasn't received even a slap on the wrist from anyone here on this thread (or most of the media) who has been attacking Trump?

Fair go; how is that a fair argument?

Still waiting for Ed Barton's response (or anyone for that matter) to my Hillary video post....care to respond on it?

Last edited by a moderator: 11th Dec, 2016
    MTR and Francesco like this.
  17. Bayview

I would guarantee there isn't a single reporter or commentator in the industry on both sides who has been there for several decades who has let one get through...the difference is whether they later come clean about it to their viewers to clean up any falsehoods....Sean did that, and that is a sign of integrity and professionalism.

18. Bayview

Francesco likes this.
  19. geoffw

As I've said earlier in the thread. "Balanced" = supporting your candidate. "Biased" = supporting the other candidate.

I saw and read a lot of anti Hillary rhetoric in the campaign too. I'm not sure where you where when that was broadcast (away from the Fox stable). Perhaps you only noticed the anti Trump stuff.

Hillary voted for building a small portion of a fence some years ago. Trump made building a wall along the entire border a centrepiece of his campaign.

I don't see it as racist. Trump has said and done a number of racist things. Building a wall is not one of them, despite you claiming several times that it is. It is border protection. However, it's a simplistic, ineffective and expensive solution to a complex problem. Already, the net migration is out of the US- more people are leaving than arriving. The section of fence which was built has had many tunnels, some extending kilometres. People with visas fly in and simply stay. They may even travel by boat. It may be partially effective, but at a huge cost.

20. geoffw

That is not unbiased. As I said in the last post - your definition of unbiased = supporting your candidate. He is just supporting Trump's position. There's nothing wrong with that. Just don't call it unbiased.

The problem as stated is simplistic. He simply blames the movement of labour to other countries. However a huge number of jobs have been lost simply as the result of technology- many jobs which had been done manually are now done by machines. Some of the robots they use have been incredible. In the meantime, the cost of consumer goods has been kept low.

Forcing manufacturers back into the US is more than likely to increase the cost of manufacturing- except where automation is prevalent. Together with putting a huge tariff on imported goods, the cost of consumer goods in a country so fond of consumer goods is likely to have a huge impact on the cost of living for many.