Donald Trump for President..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by willair, 23rd Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

He doesn't get slammed for saying they need to cut out illegals. He gets slammed for saying racist things. Like saying that Judge Curiel was unqualified to rule on a case against Trump University because he had a Mexican background, despite being a natural born US citizen- which even Republican Paul Ryan called the textbook definition of racist. Like comments he made against Khizr Khan and his wife. Like court cases where hi company was forced to rent to black people. Like his birther attacks against Obama. etc

2. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

Hillary originally brought up the debate of Obama's birth when she ran against him - no-one mentions that.

Trump simply asked for the birth certificate to end the argument and shut everyone up.

His comments about Curiel were about a conflict of interest - not a racist slur.

He employs thousands of Mexicans, and increased the Mexican vote in his favour in this Election (hence his win).

3. geoffw

Politifact is an independent fact checker. They rate this as false.
    Trump again tries to pin birtherism on Clinton insiders

Snopes says that the matter was raised years before Clinto used it in a debate
    Did Clinton Supporters Start the 'Birther' Movement?

It was however Trump who picked it up and continued running with it for years. A racist dog whistle.

4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Trump and his team used brilliant strategy to win, its that simple. All the lock Hillary, deport all Muslims etc etc etc was pure strategy. Doesn't mean his intentions are not good for the country. First you gotta get in. No in, no nothing. So I think he played it very well.

Now he is doing what he does best - making deals. I am intrigued to see a business mindset take over and be at the forefront for once. How will he do for the country overall? Only time will tell. But his mandate was clear. They want drastic change from the 8 years of Obama and the direction he led them. And to be honest I don't blame them one bit. Just my own personal opinion.

Phase2 and MTR like this.
  5. geoffw

You added this bit after I responded so I didn't respond previously.

If Curiel had a conflict of interest it would have been for his racial background. Even Paul Ryan called this racist. Any judge who does his job properly would be able to give an impartial judgement. Trump had no evidence that Curiel would not act impartially- all he had was that the judge was Mexican in background. So Trump was judging the judge only on his perceived bias (and therefore complete unsuitability to be a judge) because of his Mexican background.

He did not increase the Mexican vote
    In record numbers, Latinos voted overwhelmingly against Trump. We did the research.

6. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Well-Known Member

7. geoffw

It's been mentioned. What hasn't been mentioned is that some unkind people say that the letter M from TIME makes the man of the year look a little more like your avatar.

8. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

Geez, that's a stretch... I read the article, and couldn't see it. I went back after your comment and found a pic where they'd blown-up the "horns". Benedict Cumberbatch, Juan Manuel Santos and even Hillary Clinton share photos that could be construed in the same way....

Fascinating what people see when they're programmed to.

9. geoffw

Given the divisiveness of the campaign and the polarised views of the electorate now, it's hardly a surprise.

10. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

US stock market at record high, shows confidence since Trump been elected

Back to the Trump Thank you show Iwoa, had them eating out of his hands.

Want to have a good laugh watch out for the guy in the red cap at the back, glasses... white tee-shirt, (fast forward Trump, skip Pence)

If he pulls this one off it will be pretty amazing. Apparently he has billionaire business people who will be negotiating deals, the best of best. I am feeling positively bullish about the US :)

Apple is reportedly trying to move iPhone manufacturing to the US

Last edited: 9th Dec, 2016
    SOULFLY3 likes this.
  11. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

You don't see the problem with your position as above?

12. wylie

I think he has no real connection with the ordinary people. He just knows how to appear that way. Many don't like him, but liked her less. That doesn't make him popular. Just the better of two bad options for many people.

And you think he hasn't manipulated how he uses twitter and the like because it would help him get over the line with the election? :rolleyes:

Last edited: 9th Dec, 2016
  13. Bayview

Interestingly; Paul Ryan has now come on board with Trump's plan for their Country, and after meeting with him has been retained as House Speaker, I believe. This is in direct conflict with his earlier position, so it is curious. Obviously he has gotten to know Trump a lot better and has changed his opinion of the man.

A conflict of interest can be based on a race situation; and often is.

Doesn't mean that to mention it - makes that person who does mention it - a racist.

Anyone can be called a racist these days simply for calling out a person's behaviour - no matter what race that person happens to be - if is not their own race. That is not racism; it is simply calling out a behaviour, or speech etc that the other race person has displayed.

Doesn't mean they are a racist at all....but loads of people play the race card these days to further their argument.

Reverse racism is just as endemic today, by the way.

Last edited by a moderator: 9th Dec, 2016
  14. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

You are watching too much mainstream media, start watching fox news, I dare you???:)

Who had no connection with the mid west/rust belt the ordinary workers etc??? Democrats, its official they got booted out and this is why.. no connection, no interest. Democrats have track record of having highest employment ever

I am liking what I am seeing and reading at the moment especially when it comes to bringing back jobs to US and its already starting.

I promised myself not to get involved in this thread, and I was good for quite some time because no point arguing because no one is even paying attention to what Trump is actually doing and ignoring any of the positive stuff.

aussieB and Bayview like this.
  15. wylie

I watch CNN and Fox. They are both biased and mainstream.

16. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

This is what @Francesco stated and I thought I would copy and paste its spot on.

Fox clearly understood they are in the minority, separate from the rest of the 'established' media that defines political correctness, mainstream culture and politics. Being mainstream is part of establishment and represent the elite, generally much like California and NY, the bastion of HRC support and the major basis of her popular vote. Fox entertained other possibilities!

Fox is keeping the buzzards honest, balancing the sheet if you like.

Bayview likes this.
  17. Bayview

It's not ideal, but as I said; if various companies require labour and there is none; what do they do?

Of course; no-one seems to be ranting on against the illegal immigrants who are taking cash money and not declaring it either, I've noticed.
    Your perception is that many don't like him because you personally don't like him.

Ask Kellyanne Conway, Sarah Palin, Judge Jeanine Pirro, Anne Coulter, Diamond and Silk (you can google them)..to name a few. Check these two ladies out; hilarious, and proves that he resonates with everyone;

You have not made much of an attempt to watch him during the course of the Election campaign then. Go back and watch some of the Rallies he did...loads of women, loads of blacks, loads of Latinos.

I have seen many, many instances of his warmth and interest in people. Here's one small example; which did not get any air time on the enemedia.

Obama visited the site much later, and Clinton did not visit the area.

Francesco likes this.
  18. Bayview

CNN (amongst many others) are completely biased against him; hence their massive shock and dismay that he won (Martha Redditz for eg), and their continuing attacks on him.

Fox in contrast were predicting that he could win in the month or so before the Election - especially during and after the Debate series. The knew he had a tougher road to win than Hillary, but CNN and the others gave him NO chance.

19. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Well-Known Member

86 pages. I'm not going through this thread. I assume there's been a lot of debate from supporters and detractors of Trump. Out of curiosity, has there been any point put forward in the previous 80+ pages that has changed, shifted or even tempered the views of those participating in this thread?

Bayview likes this.
  20. Bayview

Why is that a bad thing?

You saw the post I did with that video of Hillary saying they needed a Border barrier of some sort, yet during the Election she was on the bandwagon calling Trump a racist and bigot, and was "horrified" when he said he "might" not accept the Election results (which she has since shown she hasn't accepted the Election results given the recount)...this is blatant manipulation if you like...total silence from media, the Left and Democrats.

Why is it NOT ok for Trump to use any media available, but it is quite ok for Hillary to contradict herself on more than one topic?

Twitter and Facebook were also quite free and available for Hillary to use as well; to push her campaign.

She chose not to because she probably believed the mainstream media provided enough favourable support for her...despite he lack of press conferences.

Trump used Twitter and Facebook primarily because he could not get a fair go from the majority of the news services...he even admitted that.