Donald Trump for President..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by willair, 23rd Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. lewy89

lewy89 Well-Known Member

I honestly am incredibly happy that I am an Australian and don't have to vote for Clinton or Trump as the leader of our country.

How those 2 made it as the nominees in the first place is a joke in itself.

Whatever the outcome, I sure am glad that I am not living there.

Sackie and D.T. like this.
  2. Ed Barton

Ed Barton Well-Known Member

3. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

This is just more of Trump's way of deflecting criticism. Just keep slinging mud at your opponent. Not only will some of it stick, it takes attention away from other criticisms aimed at Trump.

It's a technique which was used very effectively against his opponents in the primaries- along with a derogatory name. So "crooked Hillary" has been used so much that there a lot more people who believe that now than previously.

Calling your opponent a liar for small things is a very effective way to stop people looking at your own outrageous lies.

What is more dangerous are continued and escalating calls from himself and supporters that the election will be a fraud if he does not win. Giuliani has said that voter fraud in the black inner city area of Philadelphia is a particular hotbed of cheating. That's really playing the racist card.

On Friday, Trump described the presidential election to supporters on Friday as “one big fix” and “one big ugly lie”. Gingrich and Giuliani have both accused Democrats of counting votes from dead people.

And he goes beyond the election.
    The destruction of US sovereignty? Wow. From a presidential candidate.

No matter what the outcome of the election, there's some rocky roads ahead, as 40M Trump supporters will potentially refuse the accept the result if he loses.

This has already been an extremely divisive election, and will continue to be so.

The divisiveness has come a lot closer to home for many American families. We've seen the collapse of support for Trump amongst white women, while the support from white men remains much the same.

What this means is that the divisiveness is not just the white families in one part of the country, state or city against blacks or immigrants in other parts.

Now it comes into the house. Wives are voting differently from their spouses. There will be millions of households where, for the first time, men will be voting for Trump and women for Hillary.

My worry for the US is what happens after November, or even January.

willair likes this.
  4. LibGS

LibGS Well-Known Member

This is the major worry. While Trump says he will accept the result he is dog whistling to the deplorables. He knows what he is doing, he is laying the foundation for domestic terrorism. It will be ugly.

geoffw likes this.
  5. lewy89

lewy89 Well-Known Member

Correct me if I am wrong, but I feel like most of the protests / violence that I have seen due to the election has almost entirely been from the Left and Clinton followers. Well its actually undisputable if you have a quick look at YouTube. Again, I said most.

6. MikeE

MikeE Member

For the records both killary and trump are losers. ..must suck that the population has no other real choice.

dumb & dumber

7. LibGS

LibGS Well-Known Member

You are wrong. And I'm I'm not going to bother proving it. Why? Because you used the word "feel". And the way you worded your post tells me your feelings will not care about evidence.

radson likes this.
  8. geoffw

There have been protests. Probably there have been more Clinton followers than Trump followers. But when a candidate has encouraged acts against opponents at rallies; when he advocates that his opponent should be locked up; when thousands of his followers shout "Kill Hillary" at rallies- that candidate cannot complain when people protest.

Whe I googled Trump protests, I found this- people protesting Trump in the strongest way possible:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/18/us/politics/donald-trump-brand-reaction.html?_r=0

However protests leading up to the election are one thing, and a separate issue from the issue raised.

Trump is increasingly calling the election rigged. He is already calling "large scale voter fraud". His chances of winning appear to be decreasing. Many people feel that there is the scope for falloout from a Trump loss to go far beyond protests. To call out the entire US election system for fraud is a big call, entirely unprecedented in modern US politics, and dangerous. Especially when millions of voters hang from his every word as if he was the Messiah.

radson likes this.
  9. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

10. geoffw

11. Chrispy

Chrispy Well-Known Member

I am just back from NY. Each time we walked past Trump Towers there were different groups out the front protesting. None of them stated they were Clinton followers just yelling a lot and loads of banners, blocking the footpath.

12. willair

Maybe he is just an ex person from nth qld and was trying too upload more emails from both,and i think both Hillary --Trump understand that rumors are only worth media wise when they are denied..

13. Ed Barton

Ed Barton Well-Known Member

and the most amusing part...

geoffw likes this.
  14. geoffw

willair likes this.
  15. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

this really made me laugh...chinese built a wall and have very few mexicans as a result.
    Over here in brisbane, we too have an issue with mexicans jumping the border- and no visa required which is an issue :)
    ..at least in our case, the mexicans usually bring with them a wad of cash ( which us bribaneites are all too happy to take, because we dont have anything except a few chooks and hay to feed our livestock), so its all good...

willair and Ed Barton like this.
  16. wategos

wategos Well-Known Member

It´s game over folks, foregone conclusion, Trump will lose.

UK bookmakers today paying out on Clinton win, not even waiting for the election.
    Bookmakers pay out over £800,000 on Hillary Clinton winning US election

Assange is very pro Trump and has been waiting to release anti-Hillary emails just before the election. Many of these emails are suspected to be fake, but if he were to release damaging fake emails just before the election without time for their debunking it could to some damage, given his profile.

17. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

We don't bribe :(

On another note, if Trump were to win, I can see Canada building a wall quick smart to keep out all the escaping Americans.

18. willair

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-20/us-election-third-presidential-debate-trump-
    clinton/7948790

Just have to wait until the final debate spans out today,i have six weihenstephaner on ice ,mutton taco's cooking going to be a good day..
    What you need to know before the final presidential debate

19. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Francesco and willair like this.
  20. geoffw

This applies even more so in light of the recent videotape concerning Trump's treatment of women.

An interesting article, in which one evangelical won't vote for either side:
    I’m an evangelical. The religious right leaders who support Trump don’t speak for me.

Especially his calling out of the double standards:
    [​IMG]

While some of the evangelical right has abandoned Trump, a majority still support him (apart from the Mormons as previously mentioned).

Probably on the grounds that anybody who is against abortion and gay rights can't be all bad.