Donald Trump for President..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by willair, 23rd Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. radson

radson Well-Known Member

One of the things that surprised me about this campaign was some people's passion about:

North African embassy security protocols and
    Appropriate storage of emails undergoing post receipt security reclassification

I thought elections were about jobs, economy, health etc...but nope

2. Francesco

Francesco Well-Known Member

I think the bouncers and manager would do something if the 'victims' complained. Did the 'victims' make any complain, if not why not - mute, consensual?

3. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

My daughter was a victim. She complained. She got no response. Her friend was also a victim. She complained. They received no response from bouncers or management. It was NOT consensual. It was completely unwanted.

It's something which is regarded as low level, many women just don't bother making complaints about this sort of behaviour. Because they don't complain doesn't mean that it's consensual which appears to be your implication. Many are just tired of other men ignoring such behaviour- they know from experience that there is little chance of any intervention. There are times when even rape is ignored or not believed.

This is why sexual predators such as Rolf Harris, Jimmy Savile and Donald Trump can get away with such objectionable behaviour. They know that on top of the implicit approval of such behaviour by many men, they can additionally hide behind a cloak of fame which gives them extra credibility.

My daughter took a photo of the guy and took it to the police. But by then it was too late to do anything.

#notokay: #NotOkay: Women share stories of their first sexual assault

Tim86 and Joynz like this.
  4. LibGS

LibGS Well-Known Member

Does the word victim have any special significance here, given that you put it in quotes?

geoffw likes this.
  5. Skilled_Migrant

Skilled_Migrant Well-Known Member

Does the ideology of 'no complaint - no crime' extend to murders as well ?
    It will be a tad inconvenient for the dead to climb out of the grave and make way to the police station.

What about white collared crime ? Banks just fixed the Bank Bill Swap Rate with no victims. Wonder what ASIC is on about :confused: ?

Joynz likes this.
  6. MikeE

MikeE Member

7. LibGS

LibGS Well-Known Member

Cool video. I watched a few minutes. Can you please provide proof she tried to ban it. Also if you watch it, it confirms she has a bucket load of experience in foreign policy.

Also, it's little snippets of speeches. In effect you posted the equivalent of this...

Guest likes this.
  8. geoffw

Perhaps Bill Shorten should threaten that if he wins the next election, he will prosecute the coalition cabinet- which has been using Whatsapp to communicate. This is inherently far less secure than a private email server, the messages are stored in a foreign location, and the product is not approved.

Our elections are far more boring than theirs. Let's Trump things up a bit.

Turnbull government risking national security, cabinet material by using WhatsApp: Dreyfus

9. LibGS

LibGS Well-Known Member

I am astounded that minister's communications which might be sensitive are stored in a 3rd parties servers overseas. This is mind boggling. The justice minister Michael Keenan deliberately avoided answering questions about the issue when interviewed today. This needs some sort of inquiry. I bet Whatsapp isn't mentioned in the Australian Government Information Security Manual.

ISM - Information Security Manual: ASD Australian Signals Directorate

10. geoffw

According to the article I quoted it's not on the list.

If there had been no precedent anywhere there may have been a plea of ignorance. However given what's gone on with Hillary it's outstanding that the practice has been continued. Whatsapp is inherently far more insecure than a private server.

Hillary did the wrong thing and she is paying for it with votes. It will be interesting to see if anything happens here.

willair likes this.
  11. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

You thats the complete list. Nothing left off at all

radson likes this.
  12. MikeE

MikeE Member

13. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

If that was in a nightclub in brisbane or the gold coast and someone complained as they would then the person would have problems,after all who ever controls the entry door,controls what happens inside..

geoffw likes this.
  14. radson

radson Well-Known Member

The WaPo has a slightly longer list. Its amazing when you read in entirety. So much has been said, the earlier things kind of get diluted.

The closing argument against Donald Trump

geoffw likes this.
  15. geoffw

That may be. Regardless, that sort of behaviour is unacceptable, yet many women have just become so used to inaction that they have given up making complaints. Maybe my daughter is so young, naive and idealistic that she hasn't yet reached the point where she will just shrug her shoulders and accept that abhorrent behaviour, as many others have chosen to do. I hope not. I'm proud of her for making a stand.

It seems a common theme running through society that power brings a sense of privilege. Often it's benign. But the scale of entitlement by Trump with women is way off the scale, and it's cancerous.

Joynz and WattleIdo like this.
  16. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Some do, some don't.

17. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

I Agree 100% your Daughter did the right thing,our daughters have told us what sometimes happens in nightclubs,but i think they have something called the one Stiletto
    punch..

WattleIdo likes this.
  18. Francesco

Francesco Well-Known Member

You will notice that I did not know who was the actual victim. Geoff just replied and confirmed she was, until the confirmation it would be presumptuous of me to call her victim. At least I was in doubt and so within quote was an honest communication of my thoughts.

19. LibGS

LibGS Well-Known Member

Reposted from At This Point, If You're Still a Donald Trump Supporter, Here's What You Really Are

This is a man who’s:
    • Mocked a man with disabilities.
    • Attacked the parents of a fallen American hero.
    • Belittled POWs and the war record of Sen. John McCain.
    • Lied about how much money he raised for veterans.
    • Called a former Miss Universe “disgusting” and fat, telling his Twitter followers to find her non-existent sex tape.
    • Accused an American-born federal judge of being unfit to do his job because of his Mexican heritage.
    • Likely avoided paying taxes for nearly two decades.
    • Called most Mexican immigrants rapists and criminals, even though that’s not remotely factual.
    • Lied about seeing “thousands and thousands” of Muslims celebrating in New Jersey on 9/11.
    • Lied about getting a letter from the NFL complaining about the debate schedule.
    • Tried to exploit the death of an African American woman in Chicago to say that’s why black voters will support him.
    • Found the “bright side” to tragedies because his poll numbers tend to go up.
    • Settled with the Department of Justice after his company was found guilty of racially discriminating against minorities.
    • Has cheated on at least one wife.
    • Was just discovered on video admitting that he not only tried to cheat on his current wife, but he attempted to do so with another married woman.
    • Had his first wife publicly say that he did nothing when it came to raising their children until they were old enough to talk business.
    • Tweeted that women should have expected to be sexually assaulted when they mixed males and females together in the military.
    • Said he wants to target the families of terrorists.
    • Stated that he wants to ban an entire religion.
    • Praised a Russian president who obviously hates the U.S. and Americans.
    • Encouraged the Russian government to commit espionage against Americans.
    • Insinuated that another Republican’s wife was ugly.
    • Tried to implicate another Republican’s father in JFK’s assassination.
    • Sought out the help of former Fox News CEO Roger Ailes after he was fired following multiple allegations that he had sexually harassed women for years.
    • Made Breitbart’s Steve Bannon one of his top campaign people.
    • Had a former campaign manager abruptly resign after a report came out linking him to pro-Russian groups that were directly trying to undermine U.S. policy in eastern Europe.
    • Called Carly Fiornia ugly.
    • Has said climate change was a hoax created by the Chinese — then denied saying it. Was a leading conspiracy theorist when it came to the racist-driven birther conspiracies against President Obama.
    • Dismissed nearly eight years of accusing the president of not being an American with a less than 30 second statement where he didn’t apologize for any of it.
    • Tried to blame Hillary Clinton for his racism.
    • Re-tweeted anti-African American propaganda created by a white supremacy group.
    • Played dumb about knowing who former Grand Wizard of the KKK David Duke was.
    • Skipped a presidential debate because he was scared of a moderator.
    • Has, on several occasions, suggested he finds his daughter attractive.
    • Called a husband doing things like changing diapers and helping with the children, a man “trying to be the wife.”
    • Has said he wants more countries to have nuclear weapons.
    • Said he can’t release his tax returns because they’re currently being audited — even though the IRS said that’s a lie.
    • Feels he has the right to sexually assault women.

HUGH72, Ed Barton and geoffw like this.
  20. Ed Barton

Ed Barton Well-Known Member

Trump is Hilary's biggest asset. She could go on holidays for the next few weeks and let him run her campaign.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia