Donald Trump for President..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by willair, 23rd Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Greyghost

Greyghost Well-Known Member

2. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

So some of you have no objections to his call to ban muslims? That's all OK?

In a country which has long guaranteed the freedom of religion, it's OK because freedom of religion only applies to people of certain religions?

It's strange how this story broke only a few hours after polls showed Cruz leading Trump in the polls. There's now a new front page story.

3. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

^ I knew this would be how his comment would read and be publicised.

His whole sentence also included words to the effect of: "Until the Muslims reform their Religion".

Would anyone argue that it is not needed?

Sorry to say it; but they are not doing much in that regard - or - not anywhere near enough.

They are obvious in their collective level of silence...they need to get a lot more on the front foot with this insane aspect of their religion.

How do they do that? I don't know.

A few slightly angry statements abhorring the radicals in a few magazine and website articles aint gunna cut it, my friends.

Freedom of Religion ceases to be fair enough when a "religion" starts to commit mass murder and terrorist acts to try and change the whole world over to their form of religion and society in it's name.

That might have been ok 5,000 years ago when people were ignorant and basically Neanderthalistic animals, but we are now in the 21st century and should have evolved to a higher level.

Last edited: 9th Dec, 2015
  4. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Trumps already played the race card,now he lays religion on the table without the chains of dependence,or as he says i'm always busy,that works both ways he may be trying to get rid of the reporters and play them like goldfish in a pond at feed time,or he that incompetence he's going blind,u drive around America and the flags are outside so many house buildings businesses,someone stands up as tell everyone "LETS MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN"
    that statement alone may stay in people minds..

5. geoffw

1. If that's what he said I'm having a lot of trouble trying to find it. My Google searches aren't showing me that part.
    2. It's a very small minority of Islam which is causing the problems. Percentage wise there's far more priests abusing children but there's very few calls to reform the catholic church. If 1.x billion muslims really weanted to take over the world, if they had the blind zeal of a tiny minority, then we would all be muslim or dead.

RM1827 and SerenityNow like this.
  6. Bayview

Standard twist. :rolleyes:

D.T is not anti-Muslim. He is anti Radical Islam.

He is not blaming immigrants for America's problems - he is blaming Illegal Immigrants. If you have lived there (as I have) you would know a bit more about it....the problem is huuuuge in a number of ways as a result of thousands of folks arriving illegally each week.

That's; thousands...each week.

7. geoffw

The majority of illegal immigrants are not muslim. They're much more likely to be Mexican or other Latin American and Catholic.

Demographics of Immigrants in the United States Illegally - Illegal Immigration Solutions - ProCon.org

8. Bayview

Here we go again with the post-twisting rubbish...what is it with this forum?? :rolleyes:

I never said they were Muslim.

If you read my post, you should hopefully see that I mentioned these two groups separately, and made no reference to what the religion of the illegals' religions are...

They are two separate issues.

They are almost entirely from South American Countries as you say; crossing the various US borders that back on to Mexico.

I have no idea what the main religions are from those Countries. religion is not a topic I have any use for or any interest in - except when it imposes itself on my life uninvited.

9. Bayview

The tiny minority section that are causing the problems numbers more than the US population...the stat was quoted by Alan Jones on Sunrise this morning.

I saw the footage on Sunrise this morning of D.T's statement.

He definitely said it...I heard it and watched him say it.

Of course; depending on which news service you listen to; the last part will be cut off in the various reports through today, I'd wager.

I'll guarantee you that the ABC will do it...the same crowd who is yet to admit that the whole Isis problem is a religious one.o_O

They.just.won't.do.it.o_O

Why is that? :eek:

10. AndrewTDP

AndrewTDP Well-Known Member

FFS. The US has a much greater problem with domestic terrorism. No one cares that a right wing nut case shot up a planned parenthood clinic because of his extremist beliefs. That was a clear terrorist attack.

No one is calling for all Christians to renounce these views. No one sis placing the guilty until proven innocent on conservative Christians.

11. Greyghost

Greyghost Well-Known Member

Boarders and walls don't solve problems buddy.
    We are all one, one country shouldn't prosper over another, especially when those on it's boarders are suffering

12. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

We don't know if his way is the right way? Seriously?

He is an absolute scumbag who would make the problems America is facing, in particular with violence and extremism, a lot worse imo.

I generally don't judge people on their politics but anyone supporting Donald trump and his horrible rhetoric needs their head read and is likely to be an awful individual.

13. willair

Why?.

14. sanj

He isn't anti muslim but wants all muslims to carry some special ID card and wants to ban all muslims from entering the country for now?

The fact that he is referencing the internment of Japanese, Germans and Italians in the 40s under Roosevelt tells you the type of human being he is. that is one of the more shameful parts of American history, which is quite impressive when you consider the **** theyve pulled over the years.

The fact that you are proudly and vocally supporting this says a lot about you.

15. sanj

Because he is proposing horrific policies. Because he makes stuff up all the time that has no basis in reality (eg there are parts of London where the police are too scared to go and are fearful for their lives - boris Johnson himself slammed trump for this comment).
    Because he used the Paris terror attacks to get the gun nuts on his side; claiming that if everyone had guns the result would be different. A concert venue would have allowed everyone in there to bring guns?? Really?? That's the sort of world he wants to live in?

And then of course you have all his anti immigration and anti muslim rhetoric.

Sure sometimes a politician you generally support might say some things you disagree with but in this case there is so much horrific nonsense he has come up with that I'm more than happy to judge his supporters, at least the unhinged in our society are making themselves easily identifiable. For that we can be grateful.

16. SerenityNow

SerenityNow Well-Known Member

What's the difference? He wants all Muslims to wear a badge. He wants to ban all Muslim immigration. And he wants to "get rid" of all Muslims.

Trump makes me depressed. He's just too chillingly similar to Hitler. Do we never learn from history?

WellnessWarrior and AndrewTDP like this.
  17. willair

There is very little you or i can do about that,but who ever writes what he talks about they may not understand the subject ,or they make the mistake thinking they are unique and others are just generic..

18. Bayview

I don't care if you can't find it; that's your problem to sort out.

How many times should I keep posting the same answer, Geoff? I saw and hear him say it. So did my wife; will I get her to call you?

Look up the footage of his speech from the Sunrise website - if they have indeed posted the full sentence.

This is where this whole argument gets nowhere, and ends up in the same place; folks like yerself and Andrew immediately spew forth with the comparisons between Isis and any other evil ne'er do-gooders..priests and the Christians and whatever...the "OH; what about this mob; they're not so clean themselves"s, and "Oh; but the percentage is so small" and so on and so forth.

Forget all those other f'wits; the biggest issue right now is the radicalised Muslims. If it wasn't a major world issue, I wouldn't be hearing it mentioned on the airwaves and the teev every.single.day.

Yes; other religions have done disgraceful things too (hence my dislike for almost all of them), but we are talking about RIGHT NOW with one particular group.

Yes; in percentage terms they are "small" - they still have the resources, the funding, the organisation and the weapons to inflict an enormous amount of destruction (and do) with very few numbers.

One suicide bomber can kill thousands of folks for example.

On top of that; they are doing it consistently every single day across the world, now.

No other religious group of imbeciles is doing that as far as I know; not even the idiot White Supremacists..

Can we drop the whole "Oh; but he did this, so he's just as bad"..

puleeese.

19. Bayview

He did not ever say that.

You may as well add to that; "He hates all immigrants".

He doesn't; he wants to stop the illegals.

You guys are hysterical.

My sides are just bursting.

20. SerenityNow

SerenityNow Well-Known Member

Umm, yeah, his views on Muslims, registering them, etc, are quite well-documented :(