Donald Trump for President..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by willair, 23rd Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Mombius Hibachi

Mombius Hibachi Well-Known Member

I know, right! So funny!

2. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Speaking your mind isn't bad per se; just that it has to be spoken with some decorum, which Trump does not have.

3. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

If we don't have decorum, we don't have enough people to vote.

4. Mombius Hibachi

The guy is obviously impressing people, considering he's leading the nomination.

Edit: Update - Trump still leading with a roughly 50% lead on his closest rival.

"But at any rate Trump does have the advantage with pretty much every segment of the GOP electorate- he's up with Evangelicals, men, women, voters in every age group, moderates, voters who are most concerned with having the candidate who is most conservative on the issues, and voters who are most concerned about having a candidate who can win the general election."

Decorum, shmecorum. People want a straight talker.

Last edited: 11th Aug, 2015
  5. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Just wait till he gets kicked out by his own party.

6. Mombius Hibachi

Firstly, it's not 'his' party.

Secondly, he said he'd go as an independent if he got the stanky boot.

Thirdly, with such a strong support base, he won't get booted.

7. Zos

Zos Active Member

I find it hilarious and some what surprising that if we disregard Obama there was a Bush or a Clinton as President in the last 24 years or so. Come on, seriously???

And now there might be another from the family. Are they the only ones able to do the job? Sounds like a Monopoly and a great one too.

The last bush was a disgrace, guy could hardly put 2 sentences together and was part of the 9/11 conspiracy. Absolute disgrace and now they might have his brother in there.

At least Trump would clean up the white house and shake things up. At least the guy can talk and is articulate.

Plus he will not need to listen to the corrupt lobyists that need favours done. He is not in it for the money.

8. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

What was the conspiracy?

9. Bayview

Folks - while they profess to want PC and not hear the bad news and so forth - really do deep down want the Leader to stand up and take a stronger stance on issues...not mamby-pamby and um and ah and talk without saying anything.

You can be diplomatic, and be respectful, but you need to have a position and sell it hard to the masses.

I look at our past Leaders as examples; the best PM's and industry icons were all vocal, passionate, strong beliefed about their visions, they sold it well to the masses and went forward.

They may have been ultimately wrong at times, but folks liked them generally for all of the above and went along for the ride until and unless the ride turned out to be flawed.

The thing about DT which is a good thing is; he doesn't need the money, he doesn't really care about PC handwringing guff; so he won't be bought off and he won't try to pussyfoot around a topic so as not to offend folks.

My only worry with a bloke like DT is he might plunge the word into WW3.

10. Hoffy

Hoffy Well-Known Member

Don't leave us hanging, tell us of this conspiracy.

11. Hoffy

Hoffy Well-Known Member

He does of course have a lead in the polls, but approx 80% aren't supporting him at the moment (averaging of the major polls). With so many candidates, the polls are currently diluted.

My personal opinion is that he has zero chance of winning the nomination.

12. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Oh dear. My little joke went way over peoples' heads.

If we don't have the quorum, we don't have enough people to vote.

ellejay and sanj like this.
  13. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Is that all...

14. Mombius Hibachi

All that lack of decorum seems to be working very well for him.

[​IMG]

Everyone loves an Alpha.

15. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

ok, let me just say that 1- he will not be the republican nominee despite the polls at this stage , and 2- even if he is , he will not win the election.

My understanding of the americans [ Clinton, bush years], is that there are quite a few of people on the extremities [ left/right]. Those are also the most vocal and will make their prescience felt early, as evidenced by DT's numbers. As we draw closer to the dates of nominees and the election, the people at the center will start voicing their opinion [ which is by far the majority of americans], and will have the corresponding effect on numbers- DT wont stand a chance.

16. Mombius Hibachi

17. Mombius Hibachi

Last edited: 20th Aug, 2015
    Bayview and Doncossack like this.
  18. Excalibur1

Excalibur1 Well-Known Member

I get annoyed every time when there is argument of who should be president. Democracy (how it was intended) is dead. Democracy, these days is Capitalistic Communism.
    Communism in older days was run by one dictator, if anyone opposed them they would either lock them up/exile them/ kill them. That's how they made sure they are in power. As long as they control people they are fine.

Today the same is happening, but by large businesses. They use presidents as mouthpieces. To them it doesn't matter if that is a Democrat or Republican. They will even swap them around to keep the whole thing balanced, to keep the people happy. Instead of exiling or killing off people they do this with media control. If they don't like a certain candidate, you can be sure he is not going to get air time thus reducing his chances greatly. Unfortunately all the big media companies are run on profit these days and not journalistic freedom. Only some small publication still run on journalistic freedom.

Koch brothers alone can make or break a presidential candidate, not to even mention lobbyist...

The sad thing is that the only way to bring down Capitalistic Communism is with revolution. That will never happen as those big companies are entangled in every aspect of our lives. They tend to know more about us then we know about ourselves.

the funny thing is that they US/Australia was saying China is bad, they are policing its people, they are monitoring what they do...but now they are lobbying to do the same. Just imagine how much power you have knowing what your opponents are talking about or reading it in their emails.

Should Donald be a president? It really doesn't matter, because if he doesn't do what the big companies are asking of him he will be replaced in 4 years or his plans will get stopped in congress..... at least he is entertaining to watch :)

Bayview and Azazel like this.
  19. Bayview

I reckon he'll just tell them to ***** off.

I would love to see that.

I think he's a big enough player these days that he isn't intimidated by anyone anymore.

The Country is long overdue for a clean-out at the highest end.

20. Excalibur1

Excalibur1 Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more with you that a clean up is needed. However I think even if he does get in power, he wont be able to do much.

What they need is a leader with high morals and patriotism. Someone who will sacrifice own self for the gain of the people/country. The last two that tried that got shot.....

My father always said look at these young politicians (when he sees them on tv) all full of morals and ethics and wanting to change the world. In 10 years time they will look like and behave like Obeid.

Then again among those young politicians might be one that does do the change. I do wish them all the best and will certainly vote for them (in Australian instance) but I am yet to see it.

I did enjoy the Republican debate and cant wait for next one :) . Trump, even though I agree with him needs to tone it down a bit....

Doncossack likes this.