Donald Trump for President..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by willair, 23rd Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Hillary may be looking good for 2016- but there is a trump card in this election.

2. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

3. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Apparently, he has taken a direct swipe at a fox news presenter for asking him fair ( he thinks unfair) questions at the Republican debate... Suggesting she was asking him unfair questions because it was that time of month for her...
    Surely, the Republican brass will have to kick him out sooner rather than latter.

4. Ed Barton

Ed Barton Well-Known Member

Not while he keeps making donations.

Americans are weird, anything could happen.

5. willair

You just never know with America-Politics they all need support from the grassroots and from millionaires both are a necessity from Ben Carson Rand Paul Jeb Bush Donald Trump ..

6. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Trump also has a large support base. I think I heard on the news it was something like 25 Mil citizens ( yeah. That says a lot about the 25 Mil). I think the Republican party wants to transfer that support base to their other candidates before they kick him out. Not an easy thing to do, and takes time.

7. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

He might just win. The yanks are crying out for some guts and balls and strong leadership.

They are desperate to kick some terrorist butts etc, and he will no doubt be keen to do it.

He might be crass and brash, but strange things happen over there.

Just had an image of him grabbing some multi-National scum sucking pharmaceutical company CEO by the scruff of the neck on tv, and punching him on the nose.

8. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Lol..that's Trump alrite...

9. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

I'm hearing murmurs now that the axe man is walking down his Street...won't be long now.

10. Sashatheman

Sashatheman Well-Known Member

Just to add to this. There is a whole issue of trying to suppress votes, by making it harder for people to vote e.g requiring additional forms of ID. I think it is crazy that you have to vote on a weekday that is NOT a public holiday.

There is also the issue of changing the districts to favor an outcome for a given party.

11. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

There is a lot to be said about our voting system when you review how a leader is elected in the USA - whether it be a governor, congressman or President.

So much money wasted.

12. Bayview

I think it is actually the opposite; over there, it is not compulsory, and half the population don't show up.

13. Chilliblue

@Bayview, it is also not compulsory to vote in Australia - only to get your name marked.

14. willair

Many years ago when I went there just after the Gun Laws were passed in Australia,went into the gun shop in LA just to have a look at some of the 308-semiautos ,Saleperson show me a few very dangerous guns,this massive 200 kilo Man picks up on my Australian voice then walks over and asks the question,Why did you Aussies let the F###### B###### Commie Government take your guns you think on your feet in the "USA",all I said was they never got mine mate I buried mine in the back yard ,then bolted out the door..

15. Bayview

Meanwhile, mass murders by shootings are a weekly occurrence over there.:rolleyes:

16. willair

Not sure if you have ever seen the 1972 movie "Delivarance" by the American author James Dickey when they go out hunting in the bush,and end up being hunted among other things but the Man in the Gun outlet looked like one of the people in the movie,and he was serious and had a sidearm on his belt with a rebel flag t-shirt,gotta love America..

17. wategos

wategos Well-Known Member

I got a similar response from a guy in my company when I worked there (Oregon). He used to walk around the office with his gun holster on, had to leave his gun in the car, company policy. A human shaped target with bullet holes adorned his cubicle wall. I got a few lectures from him on why Australia wasn't free.

As far as Trump goes I think he will be forgotten by the time the election rolls around.

18. Mombius Hibachi

Mombius Hibachi Well-Known Member

I wouldn't vote for the guy in a million years, but I love that he says whatever he wants to say and refuses to back down to anyone. It's good to see someone who stands up to The League of The Perpetual Grievance.

Bayview likes this.
  19. Mombius Hibachi

Mombius Hibachi Well-Known Member

Best thing I will watch all week and it's only Monday afternoon.

20. Chilliblue