Donald Trump for President..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by willair, 23rd Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

There is a decent section of the Country who do follow it; proof is in the stellar ratings lately for CNN, MSNBC, Fox, etc...

Keep in mind; the folks on this forum are a very small cross-section of Aus society; most folks I know have no clue about what Trump is up to; but the few who do make a minor attempt have no real education about the goings-on; and most only repeat what the mainstream Leftwing media here have to say...which is almost all of them.

So; extrapolate that over to the USA - the volume of folks like us here on this forum would be relatively small, and the rest of the Country are interested in cars, football, baseball, kids to school, how much is my new phone gunna cost me, which handbag should I buy, where will I go on hols this year, what's on for the weekend, etc....while they watch the 6.00pm news (of which is a predominantly Trump-bash session)...

But; even Greg Gutfeld (Fox) made the statement the other day that folks are becoming tired of the tirade, and are now not really listening to the white noise.

According to Greg; a Poll conducted stated 65% didn't care, apparently.

Every time I open my browser, the home page is NineMSN, and there are a number of little news story headlines with a picture....almost every day there is a Trump piece.

I can tell you that since Trump won; I reckon at least 95% of the Trump grabs are a smear and/or a negatively worded headline....it's simply too funny, and I don't even bother to click on those links to the story....I reckon most Americans are the same....only the hard-core Hillary/Dem voters and never-Trumpers would bother...the only reason why WaPo and NYT are still doing ok is because those two states are overwhelmingly Liberal/Dem, and those papers are reporting to their base.

Perthguy likes this.
  2. Bayview

Perthguy likes this.
  3. Bayview

4. Bayview

Last edited: 16th Jun, 2017
    MTR likes this.
  5. Bayview

6. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Perthguy likes this.
  7. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

Perthguy and MTR like this.
  8. Ed Barton

Ed Barton Well-Known Member

9. Bayview

i have an idea; while they are on strike, they can head over to Canada to suss out some properties to buy.....for when they follow-through on the threat to move if Trump won! :p

10. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Hollyweird

11. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I am one of those folks who have no idea what Trump is doing. I catch a bit of fluff on 7 or 9 news but don't take it very seriously. I also catch a bit of ABC news but consider that to be inaccurate and politically biased. The little that I see of Trump is so heavily filtered and politicised that it leaves me with zero impression of how he is actually going.

In Australia, Obama was reported as some kind of hero. In the background, he was busy bombing 7 predominantly Muslim countries (1), something I didn't hear about until he was out of office. In Australia, we also heard about how wonderful Obamacare was. But then I saw some interviews with actual citizens and heard about the problems they were having under Obamacare.

And before I get pulled up again for not using Google, I'm really not that interested in Trump. My point is that watching local Australian news gives me no clues about how he is going, good, bad or otherwise. I have watched the stories but I am less informed than before I watched them.

(1) The map that shows where Barack Obama dropped his 20,000 bombs

12. Perthguy

Abradolf Lincler likes this.
  13. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

That's why I only watch SNL for Trump related news. I least I know it's satire. :D

Perthguy likes this.
  14. Perthguy

Abradolf Lincler and Phase2 like this.
  15. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

but, but.. but... he won a Nobel Peace prize??
    his actions didn't quite line up with his rhetoric on nuclear disarmament either...

sanj and Perthguy like this.
  16. Perthguy

Yeah I know he won a nobel peace prize. He technically didn't bomb any countries either. He sent his minions to do it for him :D

It did irk me when the Liberals in the US had a meltdown over Trumps proposed travel ban but didn't bat an eyelid when the Obama administration was bombing so many predominantly Muslim countries. o_O

17. Bayview

LOL!

Add Channel Waleed, and you've got the Quadrella for anti-Trump lefty media bias....and of course; dont forget SBS to round out the entire Lefty anti-Trump circus

And; here's a nightcap of more TDS...
    Pelosi Proves She Has Lost It With New Strategy to Get Trump out of Office

Good night all!

18. Perthguy

I actually watch the Waleed show. It helps me understand what the children at work are talking about. I do find it hard to watch though. It's really vacuous! :(

19. Perthguy

Bayview and Abradolf Lincler like this.
  20. Abradolf Lincler

Abradolf Lincler Well-Known Member

As I said in the other thread: Perthguy is the only balanced person posting in either of the Trump threads.