Donald Trump for President..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by willair, 23rd Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Ed Barton

Ed Barton Well-Known Member

Oh dear

Bayview likes this.
  2. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Ignorance is bliss, ignore the evidence, a harvard study ....yet no evidence on Russian collusion.....how does this work?

3. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

patience grasshopper - proper investigation and research takes time ... especially when there is a strewn path of coverups to untangle

wylie likes this.
  4. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

... who very publicly swiped his hand away and glared when he tried to hold hers ... and golfing at huge expense to the taxpayer that lines his own pockets due to the security staff forced to pay to stay at his hotel

Melania rejects Donald Trump’s affectionate advance

5. wategos

wategos Well-Known Member

Trump spends a LOT of time watching TV (and tweeting), he is not really working all that hard. He skips a lot of the daily briefings.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-favorite-tv-shows-2017-3/

Just because he is getting mostly unfavorable news from the media doesn't mean it is unfair, it is a reflection of his incompetence.

Lizzie and wylie like this.
  6. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

You call 50% negative coverage balanced. That's assuming the subject of the reporting is neutral.

Nixon ended up getting heaps of negative coverage - because he did the wrong things.

If, for instance, Trump did the wrong things 70% of the time, then the Wall Street Journal would be the balanced source; Fox News, which strongly supports Trump, would try to put a positive take on as much as possible, but would only be able to get 50% positive.

wylie likes this.
  7. Zenith Chaos

Zenith Chaos Well-Known Member

....and what is that threat exactly? I'm interested to know.

8. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

9. Bayview

As I said earlier; much of the Fox news negative press is showing re-runs of the other news platforms' negative pieces.

Without that; their coverage would be even more glowing.

Why?

Because they tend to focus more on the things he has achieved, rather than totally ignore them, and call for impeachment over mythical allegations based on no fact after a year of investigations; just for one example, and or spin stuff into hysterical negative rhetoric.

For example; this piece below will be reported by the above mob as another dart into Trumpster as validation that he is not their President and must be impeached immediately, while Fox will report it as exactly what it is; total rubbish, hyperbole and laughable.
    House Democrats go right for the scare tactics in response to Trump budget proposal

Here is another typical example of what constitutes Trumpster coverage over on MSNBC:
    Maxine Waters Loses Last Marble, Claims Memes Were Made By 1 Person
    Folks like her are invited over to Fox all the time; but always refuse. Why?

And this:
    Here is how the Wall Street Journal brainwashes you - Geller Report
    "Opening your eyes is not enough anymore. You must now cross-check every story and rely more and more on the Internet – with caution – and stop listening to “anonymous sources” quoted by “senior officials” [i.e. "someone” quoted by "no one”]."

Or this on the ABC's The View:

Not one world mentioned about the benefits of the trip to both the USA and the World. I don't mind to see the odd bad thing shown when it occurs; but that's all it is from these mobs.

The modus operandi for yer CNN, CBC, MSNBC, NYT WaPo, HuffPo etc these days is for the "journalists" to sit around and wait for the phone to ring, to receive the latest piece from an "un-named source" of some expos-ay on an "overheard conversation", or a "document" that no-one has actually sighted....but let's run with it anyway....we can verify the facts later.

"Oh wait - we got it wrong...no need to apologise; next piece of BS".

Meanwhile; Trumpster might have just signed a new Trade deal with another Country that will reap millions of greenbacks and a few more jobs.

See the pattern?...and it is THE pattern.

Last edited: 24th May, 2017
  10. wategos

11. wategos

You are clearly talking about Fox (/Faux) news, unwatchable crap, biased reporting, spreader of conspiracy theories, pusher of fake news, void of investigative journalism and full of opinionated garbage. CNN has a vast network of excellent foreign reporters, they rival the BBC, Fox cannot match it.

Fox News
    "Notes: Fox News Channel, also known as Fox News, is an American basic cable and satellite news television channel that is owned by the Fox Entertainment Group subsidiary of 21st Century Fox. Fox News Channel has been accused of biased reporting and promoting the Republican Party and has been deemed the least accurate cable news source according to Politifact."

MSNBC has just overtaken Fox news this week for the first time, maybe the Trump fest is too much for the viewers and people are waking up.

wylie and Lizzie like this.
  12. Bayview

Both are terrible for human rights abuses - I've already stated that Saudi Arabia are bad for it.

The difference is - Iran SPONSORS terrorists, and is doing zero to stamp it out.
    Saudi Arabia are currently meeting with the USA and are in talks to form a coalition to (amongst other things - trade) co-ordinate the fight against these terrorist groups.

And it's about time....another upside for the Trumpster.

13. Bayview

Based on?

Fox spend an inordinate amount of time calling out your mobs - it's a terrific source of merriment - you cannot call this garbage or fake news - it is merely showing a recording of stuff that is known, but your mob like to spin and fake it up. Try this one for example; the rhetoric from that mob is ongoing belief and certainty that Trump must have colluded (no evidence), despite reports such as these....There is no evidence.
    WATCH: Here's a Montage of Democrats Confirming They Have ZERO Evidence Trump Colluded with Russia | The Sean Hannity Show

I could give you hundreds of similar reports like this one; calling out CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, etc.

I can't say that I've seen much of the reverse scenario where CNN etc have had need to call out Fox for fake news after the fact; or seen CNN etc screaming outrage that Fox have misrepresented CNN's news reports on their various shows.

Both Leftwing and anti-Trump, both in the higher bracket of negative and unsubstantiated reports from un-named sources, no evidence, etc.

Having a vast network of reporters is no recommendation if the entire network's agenda is as I've explained - it merely means that the (negative) messages are more widespread....same as ABC Australia - largest media platform, but completely the most Leftwing biased by far.

14. Bayview

As I was saying.....

Egyptian President Drops Jaws With His Opinion of Trump... "Let Me Say That You Have..."

Pay particular attention to the CNN report further down the page...these whackers simply cannot help themselves.

and this;
    Rob Schneider Claims CIA and CNN Are Responsible for “Coup” Against Trump - M2 VOICE

15. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

16. Bayview

17. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Great. I'll wait for you to watch them and see what sort of spin Fox puts on the story.

18. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

19. wategos

Thats not true... Iran is fiercely against ISIS and was the first country to send in troops to fight them (they are not doing "zero"). The main "terrorist" groups they support are Hamas, Hezbollah with their fight against Israel. Saudi on the other hand has been a main source of funds and support for ISIS.

Can´t really blame Trump there though, the US has been cozy with Saudi for 40 years for political and economic reasons, which "trump" terrorism.

I´m sure their new IT system and "golden orb" will sort out the terrorists :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

Lizzie likes this.
  20. Bayview

I reckon you should so you can see a different view of how the news is being presented to us.

Here's another ripper, reported by Laura Ingraham (a Fox contributor and terrific lady with no BS) about MSNBC's "Morning Joe":
    ‘Morning Joe’ Hosts Question, Slime Trump’s Patriotism

So; this is another example of what I was saying earlier about how Fox taker these other "news" stories from yer CNN's and MSNBC's etc, and show everyone just how ridiculous and rubbish, anti-Trump and TDS a lot of their reporting has become.

The tragedy is that it's viewers believe a lot of it.

To say this bloke is "thinking only about himself" is close to the most laughable statement I have heard from that station so far...Rachel's Tax Return airswing notwithstanding.

More examples of Fox spending time calling out the others:
    Gingrich Slams NYT, WaPo Reports as 'Garbage' Intended to 'Smear' Trump

And this, on just how brainwashed and uninformed the watchers of the others are;
    Watters Confronts Students Who Ditched Class to Protest Trump

Last edited: 25th May, 2017