Donald Trump - 60 minutes Interview

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Sackie, 14th Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Cautiously optimistic on Trump's attitude to military and government spending so far. Indications seem to be that he's going in a good direction, though it can be difficult to turn around spending programs on long term projects. Not so optimistic about stated plans to increase military spending, especially nukes. He seems to have a very cavalier attitude towards nukes which is not good for a person in his position.

Regarding A listers. I understand that Alec Baldwin offered his services, but for some reason was turned down.

Francesco, Sackie and wylie like this.
  2. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

But he cant sing? LOL

3. wategos

wategos Well-Known Member

Oh gawd a trump trash sympathiser accusing a trump hater of being uninformed... the irony !
    The only small upside of trump will be watching the ignorant phychopath crash and burn in his first term.

wylie likes this.
  4. Francesco

Francesco Well-Known Member

It is so easy for incumbents of various US positions to criticise Trump as ignorant. Little wonder most of these rallied behind HRC, because they hope to retain their positions. Apparently, the changing of the guards after the election, replaced about 4000 of them.

Trump does not deny that he is a novice in politics, but one thing he knows is to cut through the BS and call the situation as it is. He is calling out the unsatisfactory situations and there he is mostly right! However, the way he does it by breaching the protocols of the politically correct is putting the noses of the self righteous out of joint! Those who voted for Trump should know what they are getting and would be prepared to overlook perceived missteps.

We can fault Trump through his unsophisticated take on politics, but sometimes it needs fresh people and perspectives to cut through the impasse. Already Putin is breaking with past practices and not immediately retaliating at Obama's expulsion of Russian diplomats. Obama's legacy will be significantly wound back after January 20.

MTR and wylie like this.
  5. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I am sitting on the fence insofar as seeing how this whole thing plays out. I think it is a good thing to shake up the establishment, but my concern is that it could end badly when someone with no foreign policy "runs on the board" is calling the shots. He is loading his cabinet with military people and I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Time will tell.

I dislike this being seen as "us vs them". I couldn't give a toss about who runs the US but I do give a big toss about the fact it could end up with escalation of death and destruction and drag our country into another war that didn't need to be started.

We have enough of them already.

So, if he comes through and makes the US great again, I'll be first in line cheering it along.

I don't like what I see of the man himself, but that doesn't cloud my judgement on what he might be able to do... or not.

geoffw, Ed Barton and Francesco like this.
  6. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to the changing of the guard and like Trump's no BS style, his already making some great progress, a shaker and a deal maker, watch out for 2017.

TerryN and Francesco like this.
  7. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Yes, lets see what happens, give him a chance at least, I am Trumped out.
    Trump may be President but he has appointed some of the best leaders not only in business to make it work.

What I like about Trump's personality is failure will not be an option, its a certain breed..... bring on 2017

MTR:)

TerryN likes this.
  8. Francesco

It is happening - the changing of the guards.
    Most of the people Trump have chosen appear to be achievers and go getters. Significant numbers have already set themselves up in life and just needed to put in place a legacy to round up a well lived life, eg Carson and Tillerson.
    However, in 4000 positions there are bound to be slippages through misconduct, etc.

9. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

How do arrive at the description of psychopath?

psychopath - Google Search

*Has he killed anyone...at all...ever?
    *Has he hit anyone at all/ever that we know of?
    *He has supported Israel - not condemned it as have many others.
    *Has he displayed any forms of chronic mental disorder, abnormal or violent social behavior, other than calling spades spades in public and offending snowflakes?
    *Has he promised to kill anyone (other than Isis and anyone who follows their idiot-ology).
    *Do you know of anyone who has known him for at least 10 years who has supported this description?

From where I sit; all he has talked about so far is:
    *Protecting his 300+ million residents from the worst group of "humans" on this planet currently breathing our air,
    *Bringing back some much-needed jobs and harmony to their fractured Country.

Oh yeah; in secret he did talk about grabbing a bit of fluff and some "journalist" decided that was a massive news story, but hey; he is a bloke who likes chicks.

Are you actually serious that his Inauguration Ceremony should be sabotaged? o_O .....speaking of "abnormal or violent social behaviour".

On the subject of A-listers refusing to perform at the Inauguration; here's an interesting observation; if Trump was an everyday Billionaire, and decided to throw a massive "higher-ups" party at Trump Tower....all the celebrities and A-listers would be lined up at the door trying to get in.

TerryN and Francesco like this.
  10. Francesco

There is often a grey line between assault and flirt, moments of indiscretion and obsessions, living commitment and braggadocio. Most people can identify with this dilemma having experienced it one time or other in their lives. Most people would have a cupboard of skeletons and demons. Compared with Clinton and Kennedy is Trump any worse?

MTR and Bayview like this.
  11. Bayview

Why do people keep saying this?

Obama has done virtually nothing his entire adult life except run in Politics in some form, and his record is not exemplary on Foreign Policy....did someone say; Iran?

Hillary has been only ever in Politics her entire adult life, and her Foreign Policy record is - at the very best - bad....did someone say; Benghazi? (to name only one).

Having "runs on the board" does not guarantee a successful next 4 or 8 years.

Meanwhile;

MTR likes this.
  12. Bayview

upload_2017-1-16_15-42-48.png

Francesco and MTR like this.
  13. Francesco

Trump certainly did not divide America. Trump gave voice to the ignored in the democratic tradition and won. The losers are not happy and are still in denial and obstruction mode. It is such a lefty past time! In the process they are making asses of themselves, eg Meryl Streep who made 2 points at the GG which have been debunked.

Bayview and MTR like this.
  14. Bayview

Francesco and MTR like this.
  15. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

16. Bayview

So; John Lewis (Democrat) has decided to not attend the inauguration because he believes the President to be illegitimate.

Say what?
    Um; he was elected fair and square.

This is from a guy who has espoused tolerance and cohesiveness, human rights and so forth.....

Copped a serve from Trump...told him to concentrate on fixing up his decaying community and crime rate, etc -rather than this silly boycott nonsense - and rightly so.

And now we have a further 28 Dem Senators boycotting the inauguration as well? :confused:

Aren't the Dems/Libs/Greens supposed to be the shining light of tolerance and moral excellence? :rolleyes:

So far from the vast majority of this group since before the Election - and even more since the Election - we have seen pretty much none of the above. o_O

It's great entertainment.

Francesco likes this.
  17. Francesco

I said before - it's in the DNA of the Left. I cannot claim to originality in the characterisation of the Left. I think it was Tony Abbott who said that first. But, I would characterise the anarchic trait of the Left which will target the 20 January inauguration as the next stage of a 'disrupt, destroy (maybe), delegitimise (if possible)' using standard lefty techniques of agitation and aggravation. They are resorting to these techniques having exhausted the formal and legal means.

It is American drama at its best and case study materials for the rest of the world what years of political correctness can inculcate - entitlement mentality to hissyfit when the Constitution denies an election victory.

Bayview and MTR like this.
  18. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Ironic that a self avowed atheist quotes one of the leaders of Christian evangelicals to support arguments. Especially one who believes it was the hand of God which brought about his election win:
    Inauguration Speaker Franklin Graham: Trump's Win Was 'the Hand of God'

So it wasn't the Russians- it was God!

Also ironic that people are claiming that it's "the other side" which is causing division- while at the same time continually attacking anybody who does not support Trump. Hell, I've said, and will say, enough things against Trump that anybody who doesn't agree with me has plenty to shoot at. But I have also made statements about Trump which have been supportive in some cases, neutral in others. Yet people here have chosen to twist what I have said in an attempt to attack me for things which I didn't say. And have continually attacked anybody else who dares to say anything negative about him, to the point where most people just can't be bothered any more.

While people are saying that Trump has not caused divisiveness, he continues to attack and belittle anybody who doesn't support him. This is divisiveness.

As for attacking the legitimacy of the election- Trump and many of his supporters spent years claiming that Obama was not the legitimately elected president of the US because he was supposedly born in another country. Trump only pulled back from that stance publicly in September last year. Many people still don't believe that he was legitimate, despite the production of birth certificates. The DNA of the left? I think it comes equally from both sides.
    Barack Obama citizenship conspiracy theories - Wikipedia

19. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Yes, yes and yes @geoffw.

I couldn't be bothered. I'm to the stage of just sitting back in amusement now.

geoffw likes this.
  20. wategos

wategos Well-Known Member

Me too takes time sometimes to assemble the facts against barrages of rubbish alt-right propaganda.
    I lived in the US for while & am more than interested in how this lying cartoon clown got elected, so these threads are of interest and the way his supporters think (or don´t think).

wylie and geoffw like this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia