Donald Trump - 60 minutes Interview

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Sackie, 14th Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

I can't see that the sale of an overseas manufacturing plant will create any more US jobs- in fact there will probably be fewer jobs in the executive branch which would have been supervising the factory. In any case, zero to do with Trump.

2. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

If you do not recognise any of Trumps achievements to date and there have been a few then its pointless discussing this.

Gladys and Francesco like this.
  3. geoffw

Wow.

I said that I don't see that the sale of an Indian GM plant to a Chinese company had anything to do with him. And I said that there will be very little effect on US jobs outside of job losses in the executive area of GM. It's hardly a victory for Trump, and I don't see it as a victory for GM. It's as if they are conceding defeat in the Indian market.

I have never said that I don't recognise any of his achievements. I haven't said that I do either. He appears to have gained some victories, but not as many as he has claimed.

I'm not sure if the micromanaging approach he has been taking is a very effective tool in the long term, but that remains to be seen.

4. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

How did you decipher this from his post specifically discussing this one plant?

5. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

No, it's the way he treats other people which makes him those things - as seen in many, many videos of him and on social media during the election campaign and since winning office.

It's got nothing to do with his politics and everything to do with his personality.

Some people (on both sides) don't seem to be able to separate the two.

6. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

......they are going to have to get over it

all that red on the map, those are the State/people that liked and voted for him.

USA is not just about California, west and New York

I think they all need to move on and let Trump get on with it.

mapusa.png

Gladys likes this.
  7. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

No, actually - they don't.

They have every right to call the leaders of their country to account for their actions and their behaviour. Winning the election doesn't give you a free pass on decency.

ellejay, Lizzie, sanj and 1 other person like this.
  8. geoffw

It seems that you would prefer a dictatorship to a democracy.

Democracy functions well when the leaders are accountable to people. They have to do things which the people find acceptable on the whole. People must have the right to say what they think- and that includes the press.

Dictatorships seek to remove opposition to their rule, so that they can govern unfettered.

Any good leader knows that they must keep the respect and support of the people- those who voted for them, and those who voted against them.

I don't believe I've ever seen an election, in Australia or in the US, where there is still so much polarisation still after the election- except perhaps the one immediately following the Dismissal. And I've never seen so many people insisting on a dictatorship style rule, where the opinion of people after the election is no longer important. Trump has been giving indications of governing in this style- if he does, his government will be a failure.

Governments which have succeeded are inclusive. A government which does good has nothing to fear from the people.

Lizzie likes this.
  9. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

So just to confirm, you are saying that basically because he has won people should either support him publicly or disagree privately, ie basically shut up, regardless of what he says or does?

Fascist much?

10. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

nah...let them go for it, now the snowflakes are fighting amongst themselves

you see they want to protest on Inauguration Day in DC, however the Mayor of NY has planned the same in NY and they can't decide whether one will counter act the other... I wonder:rolleyes:

Last edited: 18th Jan, 2017
  11. wategos

wategos Well-Known Member

Yes he comes across as a really nasty person, the politics are not so much the issue because noone really knows yet what they are, he jumps all over the place.

Trump reminds me of a school/workplace bully, picking on the weaker kids, spreading lies and gossip to denigrate others, taking credit for other peoples work, blaming his own failures on others, avoiding paying for things or repaying debts. A mean vindictive a-hole really, only interested in himself.

wylie and Lizzie like this.
  12. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

13. geoffw

Francesco and Chrispy like this.