Don Tolman

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by albanga, 10th Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. albanga

albanga Well-Known Member

O.K so not a property expert, but a health expert of the body and mind. Healthy mind equals healthy property investor, so it's all related :).

Has anyone seen Don? I went yesterday, brought along by a mate who lives and breaths health and I must say I was blown away. I am already what I would have classified as a healthy guy, I do a lot of weights, run often and play sport. I also eat what I thought was well but after seeing Don realised not close to well enough.
    As soon as I got home all the junk got thrown from fridge and pantry and the wife and I stocked up on fruit and veg. My wife is way ahead of me already having done a full 14 day water fast before!.

Don is running a 3 day bootcamp on the GC in April and I want my wife to go. She is keen as my mates wife is also looking to go.
    Has anyone done this before? If so what is your feedback?

Money is no issue. If it helps you lead a healthier life and extend it by even 3 months then it's money well spent. That said I think the idea is you should live by an extra 15 years if you adopt a healthy life.

2. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Whats the cost of the boot camp?

3. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Science supports eating simple foods without trans fats or additives and a balanced diet of mainly plant-based food.

Any of the 'cleanses' ( I.e just drinking juice etc for several days) is a lot of money grubbing rubbish. Your body is a finely tuned machine with organs that are finely tuned to cleanse itself.

Your colon is not backed up with impurities that need to be removed by fasting etc - it is doing what it needs to do and is designed to do (unless you have a serious medical condition or never eat fibre).

Listen to Dr. Norman Swan's interviews with experts about this subject on several ABC radio programs over the last few years.

The cleansing fast on this guy's website includes purchased packs of a granola type mix of legumes and grains, fruit and seeds as snacks so I think this is a good approach for someone who wants to kick start a new way of doing things. But very very pricey!

I was surprised to see chocolate on the pulses ingredients list though!

Last edited: 10th Oct, 2016
  4. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Just want to add that I can't see any harm in going to the boot camp.

Might be inspirational, especially if excercise is involved.

5. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

6. albanga

I would not classify him as a "spruiker".
    Your health doesn't even enter the same realm of well anything....Anyone who puts a price on health has some serious priority issues IMO.

Whilst I believe it is easy to say, "just fast" or "just eat vegetables" I believe without the knowledge it simply does not work. The reason i want to send my wife their is to get the knowledge to go along with the practice. My friend who lives and breaths health, particularly deeper understanding such as emotions and how that effects believes Don has proven himself as one of the absolute best in the business.

My wife has been a long term sufferer of diagnosed pain. Western Medicine had absolute no answers...sorry they did, they said she had Fibromyalgia (A made up word for "we dont know whats wrong with you"). We moved to Eastern medicine and she did a 14 day water fast with chinese herbs and it fixed a lot of her problems. She is much healthier but the problem is her mind still falls back to a reliant on Western medicine and i just think that is because she has been told to do stuff that has made her much healthier but doesn't have the understanding of why". Naturally we have all been wired to believe doctors and medicine is the answer when reality is they are the cause.

She can ofcourse learn this but my wife is not the kind to research in this way, I believe she would massively benefit from an actual course, learning in that environment.
    I am sending her as her friend (my mates wife) is also going and together the cost is very minimal for well health.

Believe me if a put a price on the money we have spent at western doctors and on medicine, the cost would be recouped in 6 months.

I was just keen to hear what others who have actually been thought? What did they get from it?

7. albanga

P.S - Its on the GC so my mate and I might go along for moral support ;)
    Read that as sitting at the beach everyday

8. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

I looked on his site and there is a seminar advertised - a two and a half hour talk in Brisbane for $50.

Doesn't sound like a boot camp though...

A close read of the advertising for the seminar is a bit kooky (and I believe in healthy eating!)