Dominique grubisa . Real estate rescue

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by the world is your oyster, 8th Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. the world is your oyster

the world is your oyster Well-Known Member

hi all just wondering if any one has done this course and how did you find it ?
    Looking for some feed back as her strategies I like

2. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

There're 12 threads on this topic already in the forums here. Just do a search on Dominique.

3. the world is your oyster

I can only find this one

4. Elives

Elives Well-Known Member

yea there isn't many on pc try somersoft "dominique grubisa"

my parents did it 2 years ago, waste of money honestly probs learnt 1-2 things but for 5k+flights and accommodation. it's not worth it. she tries to teach stuff that is extremely hard to do etc the amount of effort u have to put in to do it isn't worth the time spent/reward be easier doing development or business to make money. just my 2cents.

Cheers, Elives

Perthguy likes this.
  5. the world is your oyster

Thanks for your input
    I find it interesting buying below market value

6. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

Tink and Colin Rice like this.
  7. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

"Below market value" is an intereting term and usually means buying property that needs work done on it which means time and money spent to bring it back to "market value" and some if you get it all right.

Many on here do it succesfully so can be done.

8. Tony Fleming

Tony Fleming Well-Known Member

Colin has pretty much summed it up. As for the OP a search on some other property forums should reveal some reviews.

jefn89 likes this.
  9. Chris Au

Chris Au Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if you once asked about Results Mentoring? If you decided to go with Results, I wouldn't go with Dominique because you could confuse yourself with different strategies and advice. What is it you're looking for by seeking mentoring services, what attracts you to each of these approaches?

Can't go past the get togethers in the capitals if you live in a capital.

10. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

We went to her intro talk after I met one of her " graduates " at work . He'd made it work and has done well . He's one of the people who provides testimonials for her .

I could see that it could work , but to me it sounded more like a job than a passive investment so we didn't follow through .

In reality what she is doing isn't a strategy that I've heard promoted here or anywhere else on any property forum so it's not a value adding strategy . Basically it involves searching court records for upcoming repossessions , going in an making low ball offers before the banks move in . For us it raised various ethical issues , though it's easy to rationalise away the thought of " preying on people in a difficult situation " as " helping them out of a difficult situation .... "

To date I don't think we've had people who are actively involved in her system as members . They have their own private forum .

Cliff

MWI likes this.
  11. the world is your oyster

Thanks for that cliff

12. the world is your oyster

Yes I did
    I am a member of results mentoring it's not a strategy they do so I was more looking in to it I see potential buying bank repossesd houses as I think it will go on the rise in the future I would like to learn how to do it

13. See Change

In Australia , any property that has been repossessed by a bank or another financial institution is ( in my experience ) always put up for auction . This way the person who has had the property taken away from them can't come back and complain that it was sold at below market value . Sometime properties are advertised as " mortgage in procession " but recently I've seen a few properties where this isn't the case . As far as I'm aware The banks have a legal obligation to get as much as they can for the property .

I'm not aware of any way to access repossessed properties the way you can in America . The whole point with Dominique's program is that you are getting properties before the banks take possession at a time the owner is still in control , but obviously in a financially stressed position so potentially open to low ball offers to avoid going bankrupt .

Logic says that they would have sold the property before they got to that point , but people don't always act logically in that situation ....

Cliff

New2prop and Luke T like this.
  14. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Subodh Shirodkar and luckyone like this.
  15. House

House Well-Known Member

Last edited: 10th Oct, 2016
  16. Greyghost

Greyghost Well-Known Member

This is similar to the "Stuart Zadel" strategy..
    Goes something like this:
    Find owners under duress or financial pressures.
    Say to them I'll give you $x. In x weeks time.
    Until then I will pay your mortgage for you.
    I will pay for renovation.
    Anything above the $x price we agreed on is mine.

So basically buying a property under market value, Reno and flip without actually buying and settling on it thus avoiding settlement costs (stamps etc).

There are quite a few tradesmen going around doing this and I know of one first hand. I've seen before and after pics.

It's similar to ASIC liquidation notices and solicitors then phoning you up 3 days before the hearing to be the court appointed liqouadator. Ambulance chasers.

All unethical stuff in my opinion.
    If you cannot make an honest buck then you don't deserve one...

17. See Change

Dominique is one of the people who gets promoted under the Stuart Zadel banner.

We didn't feel comfortable about the ethics issue and that was the main reason we didn't go ahead , having said that I have less concerns about her ethics compared to the ethics of some of the straight out property spruikers around . I've never heard Stuart Zadel speak

My perception and my wife's ( and she's much much better at picking dodgy people than I am ) is that Dominique is basically a straight arrow . She has an interesting story , going from successful accidental investor to helping people who were in debt to seeing a unique investment opportunity .

Something for those who want to be very active / hands on investors and can rationalise away the ethical issues . Within her system there is also a role for those who have money to go in with deal finders .

Cliff

18. Mick Butterfield

Mick Butterfield Well-Known Member

Maybe some books/CD's on negotiation may be worth a read then. I reckon for $200 you could know more about negotiation than a lot of RE agents out there.

19. Uni

Uni New Member

20. Uni

Uni New Member