domain.com.au realestate.com.au fees

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by ches, 27th Mar, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. ches

ches Active Member

How much are listing fees for domain.com.au and realestate.com.au in Sydney middle ring suburbs? Central Coast agents tell me fees are around $500-700 which aligns to what agentinabox.com.au states. However some Sydney RE agents are stating its in the thousands instead of hundreds. Is this true?

Jodie Kally likes this.
  2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Depends on the suburb. Some cost more than others and a few thousand has been my experience when selling in most of my areas

3. LouisVuitton

LouisVuitton Well-Known Member

4. ches

ches Active Member

For an apartment in Artarmon I've been quoted 7500 for marketing costs. About 6000 of this is for listing on Domain and RealEstate.com.au. My mind boggles if this is true.

5. LouisVuitton

LouisVuitton Well-Known Member

Call the number of propertynow, the owner Andrew is really friendly and will answer all your concerns over the phone or text. PropertyNow is actually the biggest agency in Australia which sells the most properties in Australia every year.

I doubt it’s 6k unless realestate or domain have specific prices for those suburbs, i think the agent who told you it’s 6k is trying to rip you off so beware.

6. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Is it for an upgraded listing? There are prices for standard ads then there are all sorts of upgrades you can add which does increase the costs.

7. Shazz@

Shazz@ Well-Known Member

I’ve been told it’s post code dependent… and also the deal which the agency has with REA.com.

Gilles Maragnes likes this.
  8. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

This still doesn't answer your question but still answers the effectiveness of do you need to place adverts on both websites?

realestate.com.au versus Domain: which site is best to advertise my property?

Have you asked the agent which website creates the most inquiry/views, which generates the most leads and which initiates the most sales? These are all distinct metrics to sort out tyre kickers/researching from cashed-up purchasers.

ches likes this.
  9. wally

wally Member

I just sold my PPOR and the marketing costs were pretty high for Domain/REA.
    It was about 2000 each roughly.
    The agent I use always markets with premium packages, where properties get pushed to the top in searches and a bunch of others things.
    It was pretty pricey in my view, but hard to argue with a good agent if you miss out on that one buyer could be ten of thousands of dollars.
    In retrospect I think it didn’t make much difference, but it’s a small cost vs the sale price. We had massive turnouts in 2 opens and sold before 3rd.
    It wasn’t a spectacular price about right with the market at moment.

Interestingly does it really need both websites??
    I usually use domain the wife prefers REA, but looking for new PPOR we would always check both anyway….

wylie, bamp and momentum26 like this.
  10. momentum26

momentum26 Well-Known Member

Is all you need when selling your property. Marketing & advertising is important to me personally. It’s the manner in which you are broadcasting - you are in market to sell & you mean business.

bamp likes this.
  11. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Its like ebay v amazon, Nextflix v whatever, Qantas v Virgin. There are always two main players. Can you afford to ignore half the lookers ? You may miss the one cashed up buyer who likes it. And REAs always still go with the photo in the window as it could also be a person who wanders past. And a board out the front. And their own site.....Its a regretable cost. Many agenst may go basic on one and premium on other. Digital and social media and the like is how buyers find most property these days. Or at least make a agency enquiry.

tomlemke likes this.
  12. Jodie Kally

Jodie Kally New Member

It totally depends on the location and condition of the property.

13. Redom

Redom Mortgage Broker Business Plus Member

Our mix of sales across states have it between 3-5k for online advertising. Cheaper end was for cheaper properties with much lower median values.

14. Jack68

Jack68 Active Member

I paid nearly $4000 combined for my property for RealEstate "Premium Property" and Domain "Platinum". I think it does depend on the estimated property price, or at least I've read this someone.

I was unpleasantly surprised when I saw how much the listings cost, and I really don't know whether the top-tier upgrades are really worth it in a market with few properties. I see some value in a saturated market where you want your property to be on page 1 all the time.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia