Does Australia Need China??

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by MTR, 22nd May, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Property Baron

Property Baron Well-Known Member

So true.

BunnyXiao likes this.
  2. albanga

albanga Well-Known Member

Probably True TBH.
    But I have read and SEEN enough of how they treat their own people and animals to be brainwashed I suppose.

Probably best for me to not get involved in the politics of it as I am not well informed enough.

3. Property Baron

I agree but sometimes we could concentrate on our own backyard. Some of our chicken farms for example - we grow them so fast that there body's cant grow as fast as there meat does, they basically can't move there entire life they just grow as meat. You probably would have seen some of the suffering of our live animals when we ship them offshore, no room,no oxygen it's also horrific. Not sure if this practice has been stopped yet. Inside our abattoirs is also not a very nice place.

I think what some need to understand is our country is so young. China is 1000s of years old so there are still 1000s of year old practices and beliefs going on.

Last edited: 5th Sep, 2020
    tc8, albanga and BunnyXiao like this.
  4. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Not so sure about that. Wurundjeri Nation in my area has been a around a pretty long time.....

The Y-man

Kriv likes this.
  5. BunnyXiao

BunnyXiao Well-Known Member

Yup. Unless you live here it's difficult to understand. Looking at the thread here a lot of funny wrong ideas, perceptions and biases as well. China has 1.3 billion people. For every sweeping stereotype generalisation you make you can easily find data to support or disprove your bias. I"m not going to comment as these things go off the rails. But I do find that once people live here they quickly sort out how things really are. Suffice to say for now I'm extremely happy and here suits my goals until retirement.

ATANG, tc8, spoon and 3 others like this.
  6. Property Baron

Sorry if you missed my point. I meant Australia is so young. I'm also sure some of the Wurundjeri people would have some interesting views on the way Australians have treated there people too.

7. Property Baron

Some of the greatest people I have met are Chinese and they are so proud to be too. There culture is awesome and they also love ours.
    Enjoy your time there, it would be an amazing experience I bet.

tc8 and BunnyXiao like this.
  8. BunnyXiao

Chinese and Turks are the best! Warm-hearted and do anything for complete strangers. I found y heart in China. Key reason that keeps me here. I could have died like a dog in the West. Here I have a family. Its the culture. Of course, it's not all sunshine and roses but that and the bucks help make up for the frustrations more than enough.

tc8 likes this.
  9. Property Baron

I would love some authentic Chinese food right now. Here in Oz it seems they australianize the food so the majority will buy it, but I have tried the good stuff and miss it!
    I would never imagined eating raw fish until I was eventually strong armed by a crazy Chinese fella who just wouldn't give up on me trying it. Too my surprise it was fantastic, ate 3 different versions in 1 go and wow is all I can say. He just laughed and said 1 day I could try it with the proper amount of chilli's but for now I was not capable lol

10. BunnyXiao

Mainland Chinese food is not my cup of tea. The food foreigners like from here is the Guandong food (Cantoneese). I cook for myself at home and I think Im an excellent cook ;-) Edited to say that Italians and food is nothing compared to Chinese and food obsession. What I have just said is basically a national insult and call to war ;-P Chinese show love via food. You have to live here to fully understand how obsessed every individual is.

Property Baron likes this.
  11. Property Baron

My Chinese friend who cooked for me spent his life travelling all over Asia and learning to cook different ways on his travels. Once cooked me a beef satay he said he learn't around laos I think it was. Like nothing we get here, mouth watering now:D

12. BunnyXiao

I didn't come to China for eating Chinese food. I just go where treats me best. For now I'm very happy here and nice salary package. Food wise I can buy everything I need. I was training for a bikini comp as I was being an obsessive body builder. I'm better now ;-P

Property Baron likes this.
  13. Property Baron

Glad to hear you are being treated well and feel better now:). Hopefully some of our dumb political comments that have been made lately don't hinder your experience's in anyway, I suspect not.

I know China is a lot more than just food but it is so good and I miss it:(

BunnyXiao likes this.
  14. BunnyXiao

It did make me worried if I will have visa renewal issues. And the Australian Chinese Journo being disappeared recently got me worried but I just keep my head down. China is short good teachers and I'm an awesome Kinder teacher. But yes tit for tat things do unfortunately sometimes trickle down to poor shulbs like me in a material impact like visas

15. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

We do have to be careful in this thread to differentiate between the Chinese people and the Chinese government.

This thread is about politics and economics - not about society.

Please do not make this thread about the people of China or people of Chinese racial origin - keep it strictly about the decisions made by the Chinese government.

Jezzah, trinity168, craigc and 2 others like this.
  16. Melbourne_guy

Melbourne_guy Well-Known Member

You have espoused how great it is yet in that one sentence you betray the reality - you are living in fear from Govt imprisonment. Daily fear may be an over the top statement but nonetheless, you have expressed a fear.

For all the bad that happens, including wrongful imprisonment (thats not the topic here), a kinder teacher in Australia, USA or many parts of Europe, is unlikely to those same feelings even when vocally disrespectful of Govt policy .

marty998 likes this.
  17. BunnyXiao

No fear. I said worried. If I was actually worried rather than watching all I would leave as Im a free bird. Its a dictatorship yes. Every country in the world I live and work in I respect the rules of the land. Its their country. Respect. I signed up for that on the visa clauses to not meddle in things that don't concern me. I go where Im treated best for now I'm very happy here. As an expat we are free to live where we want and when I don't like certain countries I leave.

tc8, craigc, MTR and 1 other person like this.
  18. craigc

craigc Well-Known Member

The Australian barley is now on it’s way to the Indian market for beer production instead of China.
    Indian thirst good news for Aussie barley

It’s not ideal having disputes with a trading partner, but industries and Australia is not ‘ruined’.

sqe, Robbo80 and albanga like this.
  19. albanga

albanga Well-Known Member

Expect to see a lot more of this for everything we produce.

So let me summarize this entire topic.
    Is it ideal to lose China as a trading partner? Absolutely not

Do we need China?
    Absolutely Not

sqe, marty998, craigc and 2 others like this.
  20. Property Baron

China are our largest trading partner. I see no sense in losing them??
    Beijing doesn’t like our anti-dumping measures and is unhappy that Australia has failed to treat its biggest trading partner as a market economy, as agreed in the China Australia Free Trade Agreement but who wants to know about this.
    To claim this virus came out of a lab in Wuhan was a ludicrous/unfair statement to be made "at that time" and these statements have massive impacts on China as a whole.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.