Does Australia Need China??

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by MTR, 22nd May, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elysium

Elysium Active Member

I think that the U.S. has done many bad things over the past decades and its government treats its citizen worse every year. That said, comparing the U.S. govt and the CCP is false equivalency.
    The U.S. has been a beacon of stability to most of the world since WW2 and has (generally) stood for democracy.

China's CCP has killed 3 million Chinese citizen in the first 3 months after Mao came to power, with up to 40 million citizen killed of disease and starvation on top of that, and yet they still keep his face on their paper currency an his portrait on a wall. It is as if Germany has Adolf's face on their money. They want to rule the world not to spread freedom and democracy, but the opposite, and we absolutely can't have that.

marty998, AlphabetSoup and Francesco like this.
  2. Speede

Speede Well-Known Member

US and Co including Aus are criminals. World wide criminals...bomb...kill and invade countries for $.

But aus is dead without China. It's on life support right now and China will send aus back to the 80s if puppet morrison keeps it up.

No tourists from China
    No Chinese students
    No more wine
    No more barley
    No more beef

tc8 and MTR like this.
  3. Traveller99

Traveller99 Well-Known Member

The problem we face in the West is that China has successfully built and maintained a nation and economy without embracing any enlightenment values. This means that emerging economies have a totalitarian model to emulate without pesky things like individual autonomy and freedom of expression. No other nation has managed it except China and we should be very worried what the remaining decades of this century shall bring the world. If anything, the relinquishing of core values that we have traditionally cherished in western nations, have more or less been eroded under the banner of safetyism - due to COVID - so I wonder if people even care anymore for basic liberties.

4. Property Baron

Property Baron Well-Known Member

This is what you want to believe and read in the Newspapers.
    Ask the NBA players if they agree.
    Americans were still lynchin citizens late into the 60s - Beacon of stability hey! bloody horrendous stuff.
    We go on about democracy - but only talk and teach about the good.
    Similary we talk about how the USA saved the world in WW2 - China lost 30million citizens and Russia not much less - US lost about 420,000
    The overwhelming majority, almost three quarters, of Japan and Germany’s troops fought not the US or Britain but China and the USSR - do we teach this??

BunnyXiao, tc8, pattoman and 2 others like this.
  5. Robbo80

Robbo80 Well-Known Member

Sounds great to me.

Then hopefully my kids can experience the life I did when I was growing up of having to wash dishes to get by.

Atleast they will have cheap housing and wine! Simple life indeed.

AlphabetSoup likes this.
  6. albanga

albanga Well-Known Member

I don’t think that’s the point though. I don’t think anyone will argue we will be worse off losing China from an economical standpoint. That should be fairly common sense.

The upside is keeping our soul and not being sold off. The upside is protecting our country and it’s people. I would GLADLY go back to the 80s to not be owned by the CCP. At some point you need to stand up.

Sure people will argue we can go about it a different way but let’s call a spade a spade. We see how aggressive the CCP is publicly. Could you imagine what they are like behind closed doors.

7. Property Baron

Doesn't make sense to me. Australia is responsible for selling off Australia, how can the highest bidder be the blame?

Also we are arguably more aggressive then them publicly. A good example of this is the demanding of an inquiry into the Origins of the so called Wuhan/Chinese/Kung flu Virus. This could have been done behind closed doors, shameful in my opinion the way this was handled.
    Every day I hear BS on the news about China and the same BS footage of there 2015 millitary parade as if they are about to launch an attack, how aggressive can we be,

BunnyXiao and tc8 like this.
  8. albanga

albanga Well-Known Member

It’s not a blame on China. It is a blame on Australia! But that’s why things like ripping up the Victoria belt and road initiative is the best news all year. It’s a blow for VIC economy and I’m a VIC but I welcome it with open arms.

Laws exist to protect people. Sadly no interference has gone in for far too long! But it’s not too late and thankfully our government is waking up. Send me back to the Stone Age to protect our country from being sold.

balwoges and craigc like this.
  9. Property Baron

I don't see this has anything to do with not losing China as a trading partner.
    We can have them as a trading partner and not sell our soul.

10. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

11. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Now more ranting..... poor white trash, are we not the under dogs

‘Poor white trash’: China’s outburst at Australia

12. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

13. Robbo80

Robbo80 Well-Known Member

MTR likes this.
  14. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

Where is the cheap land going to be record highs are still getting broken Ever heard of the FIRB! It is a stupid failed move if you understood Maoist doctrine it is to divide and conquer. The idea is to get farmers to put pressure on the government to acquiesce to China, but it has backfired, They have told the government to tell the Chinese to go copulate with themselves. it has only strengthed farmer support for the government. The Chinese user isnt happy with their government as they cant pay a competetive price. The only industry it will ruin is Chinese brewing. Black Sea grain is going to Russia, Trump has threatened to ban the small amount of barley USA exports to China. No-one will buy the crap beer made from inferior barley. they will buy imported beer some of which will be made from Australian barley or Australian barley will flow to the gap. You could get contracts at above the normal price lows a couple of weeks ago @ $242. Frost has removed some Australian production and a lot is being cut for hay. It will make no difference anyway our own Dictatorial state governments are a bigger threat than China, as the grain wont be able to be harvested and the quality could be destroyed in weeks if harvesters cant cross the border. Farming is about adjustment.

craigc, Cousinit and albanga like this.
  15. pattoman

pattoman Well-Known Member

If you want to call a spade a spade then it's time to take the blinker off. US has military bases all around China and a carrier group cruising around the South China Sea at all time. Can you imagine Chinese military bases in Mexico and Canada? Or Chinese warships cruising just outside Florida? Seriously I am all for calling a spade a spade. Who is the aggressor? Call it out mate, call it out.

16. pattoman

Are you serious? Overthrown democratically elected governments in Iran, Guatemala, directly funding and arming Bin Laden, the Iraq war, I mean these just off the top of my head. As bad as china has treated its own citizens there is simply no comparison in terms of their foreign policies. Name me the foreign governments China has overthrown? You are right, it's a false equivalence. The biggest threat to global security is the united states. This is actually what most of the world thinks.

Last edited: 4th Sep, 2020
    BunnyXiao, tc8 and Property Baron like this.
  17. Melbourne_guy

Melbourne_guy Well-Known Member

...and yet the USA during Trump's tenure have been accused of not playing a global leadership role and many countries want the USA to take more of a lead role on global affairs. What one is correct?

18. pattoman

Nobody wants the USA to take more of a lead role. People just want Trump not to screw thing up like pulling out of the Iran deal and Paris agreement, or just assassinating an Iranian general.

tc8 and Property Baron like this.
  19. Someguy

Someguy Well-Known Member

Not to mention funding of technology to be used in organising protests/riots in Hong Kong to destabilise the government.

tc8 and Property Baron like this.
  20. Property Baron

Too true. Most people just want to believe China are to blame and have no idea of the facts. Even when they hear the facts they just block it out as if they are brainwashed.

BunnyXiao and tc8 like this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.