Does anyone use Xero Accounting Software? I'm having a drama!

Discussion in 'Accounting & Tax' started by Propagate, 7th Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Propagate

Propagate Well-Known Member

G'Day all...

Been getting to grips with Xero for my new business, so far so go up to yesterday.

Up to about a week or so ago I was able to adjust pay rates etc in Xero for staff in readiness for them starting.

Yesterday I went back in to finish all the staff details and add their final pay rates but the pay/wages setting tab/button has gone. It was there before but now I can't alter rates or add a rate to any new staff.

I tried everything I could find via Google, (generally related to exiting pay runs (that I didn't have anyway), nothing worked.

Last resort, I deleted ALL pay calendars, double checked there were no pay runs and deleted ALL staff out of Xero. Logged out, logged back in, added a brand new staff member and yet there is nowhere I can set their pay.

I'm at a total loss now and completely stuck as I can't run payroll if I can't attribute pay rates to staff.

Anyone come across this before?

Oh, and I'm the Xero subscriber with full permissions. Also just tried it again now logged in as my business partner on a different PC, he also has all permission but same problem.

Cheers.

2. Foxdan

Foxdan Well-Known Member

You can just go into the employees details, click on pay template and adjust each persons to what you want. That's the quickest way to solve your issue. It will save the new rate for future pays lips.

Propagate likes this.
  3. Propagate

Thanks @Foxdan I was about to call it a day and did one more "Google", came across the same suggestion. Just putting everyone back in the system now, so far so go, will update the thread if I'm successful!

Cheers.

4. Foxdan

Foxdan Well-Known Member

Just pm me if your struggling. Once it's set up and you learn to navigate it, xero is great. I've used it for 2 yrs in our business and I'm familiar with the basic stuff you will need to do.

5. Redwood

Redwood Well-Known Member

Hi there,

Glad you worked it out, Xero is awesome, I use it for the high level reporting/ budgeting and invoicing and set permissions/ access across all staff.

For Pay - the bookkeeper takes care of that, you may consider a bookeeper with xero experience and pay per hour to start off - will save you the issues you just experiences.

Cheers Ivan

6. Propagate

Thanks @Foxdan @Redwood I'm loving it so far, especially integrating it with Harvest for our estimating and project management then auto rolling the invoicing from Harvest straight into Xero.

It just had me stumped as I was sure there was a "set pay" tab or button last time I was getting to grips with adding employees, can't find it anymore and a bit of Googling was suggesting that was a bug.

All seems to be great now using the pay templates, just got one more guy to add in and we're set.

We were going to use a book keeper, but we're pretty small/skint just now and I've been getting a pretty good handle on it up to now. Invoicing & accounting is cracked, GST/BAS I'm on top of it was just this last part of getting employees set up correctly. Once that's done, between Harvest and Xero everything is so streamlined I can't see that we'd need a book keeper as yet.

Cheers.