NSW Does anyone here know the Ryde area?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Bellecard, 16th May, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Bellecard

Bellecard Member

Hi everyone,

We’re currently looking around the Ryde area (only just started looking) and was wondering if anyone here is local or knows about the area well?

2. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

There are loads of locals on here. I lived in West Ryde approx 2006-2008, and was born in Ryde Hospital….

3. millie29

millie29 Well-Known Member

I rented in Meadowbank for a year, would strongly strongly discourage you from buying a unit in Meadowbank (or Nancarrow Ave which technically falls under Ryde). It’s a concrete jungle surrounded by industrial factories, no community spirit, poor amenities and the quality of the units is shocking. We had so many defects and as we rented directly from the developer, we had to approach them to fix the issues. They were awful to deal with, after months of inaction we had to threaten going to the tribunal before anything was done. Anyway in short, I would sooner put my life savings into Dogecoin than buy an apartment in Meadowbank.

4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Whereas the other side of the railway is older units & residential character - easy access to ferry as well.