Does anyone have a real nbn ph contact #

Discussion in 'Development' started by Keentolearn77, 30th Oct, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Keentolearn77

Keentolearn77 Well-Known Member

hi all

Does anyone have a phone contact number where you can speak to an actual person

Nbnco are disgusting
    1. They demand 000’s $$ up front 6-12 months in advance
    2. Months later one receives a basic incomplete email (reason not given, timeframe not given that development application has been placed on hold..... WT....)
    3. Please contact your customer service manager- what manager, what ph #......?
    4. Generic ph number, every # / dept of their voice system leads of course to dead ends, refer to www etc & hang ups, no real person.

Who are nbnco accountable to.....

How do i get a real person for some Q&A. :(

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Why are you dealing directly with NBN Co? For development infrastructure? Use the process for developers, it works.

Yes, people do work there. No, I can't give you their contact details.

Why have you been charged $'000?, NBN is free isn't it? :confused:

@Keentolearn77 - are you sure that you aren't dealing with the Nigerian prince?

3. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Unless you are seeking a new premises developer connection you should always deal with a retail provider. From my former days in civil telecomms network issues there can be millions of reasons why they cant or wont connect premises. ANYTHING involving civils will take time. It goes back to telstra as a work request. No pit, broken pits, connections are full etc etc May even need a scope of works and drawings etc.

There website delivery a pretty good warning about timing:
    For new developments with a new mailing address, you will generally need to submit an nbn™ New Developments application at least six months prior to occupancy.

and that assumes it is a basic connection. If any civils are involved you can kiss the 6months goodbye.....Maybe log a contact enquiry and they will call you back. Contact us | nbn

Modifying nbn™ infrastructure | nbn

4. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

It is frustrating. The 20 week process does drag on. But you shouldn't have paid up front. You agree to pay with the contract but it's invoiced at the end ($600 per dwelling)

Did you try the email address they give you?
    1800 687 626 or email to [email protected].

5. Keentolearn77

Keentolearn77 Well-Known Member

Hi peoples, thanks for your responses
    Yes it’s the requirement for new developments $600 per dwelling.
    Nbn has not been rolled out through this long established mid eastern Melbourne suburb yet. And was scheduled for roll out by the 1st qtr of 2020.
    In order to get in the queue process we had to pay a few months ago (Ie: westminister that 20 week process), and now I fear the roll out through the area has been pushed back...,, it’s just poor communication on their end....
    I’ve lodged a call back request through email which they state may be a few days for them to respond..... so I just have to wait as their ph system is a joke.

as my development draws to an end, was hoping Nbn would not be far behind, but will likely have no ph / internet for many many months now, as I either had to pay $$$$ for the old Telstra ph system connection and pay all over again once Nbn comes through or as I have done, hold off in the hope Nbn would be connected on schedule....
    Yes yes what was I thinking that Nbn would not be delayed... I fear...

I guess prospective tenants have pretty good mobile ph data plans to hotspot in their home, might have to drop the rent a little until Nbn comes thru...

Last edited: 31st Oct, 2019
  6. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

NBN is a project of delays. It was supposed to have concluded years ago. The tech is worse as they go. 5G will kill it when it rolls out into the burbs

A slight premium and you get the benefit of no spammers calling your home trying to collect your overdue NBN charges :D...even without the NBN. Our NBN will soon be no land line. I'm over the phone. It only annoys us. And we all have mobiles.

Ditch the NBN: 4G/5G home wireless alternatives