Do you Tip?

Discussion in 'Money Management & Banking' started by MTR, 8th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

That exists all over the world, and in all sorts of jobs...folks sometimes are just having a really bad day.

I copped some "whatever" attitude waitresses and waiters up at Mt.Buller last weekend...but of course; I cracked a few "dad jokes" and thawed them out. :eek::p

I find that most folks who are in this frame of mind are either having personal problems outside of work, and/or are sick and tired of rude pig customers who treat wait Staff like crap - of which there are many. So; I try to be as polite and supportive of the minimum wage Staff as I can to make their day better.

My son now works at Red Rooster...$10.46 per hour. He actually like the work there, but his most common whinge is the customer rudeness, and other Staff who are "shovel leaners".

So; it's not always about the money; for some people....one of his Shift Managers has been there for 15 years and it is not a very high paid position either....he just loves the job and the familiarity etc.

Greg Gutfeld said it very well about the minimum wage jobs...they are a place to start....they give you an opportunity to learn all the correct work ethic skills such as turning up for work, turning up on time, responsibility, commitment and so on..all things important for successful people to know.

Then you move on to bigger and better things if you want....my son has no ambition to stay at Red Rooster; it is a means to and end.

Incidentally; I saw a docco about a 25 year old Valet parking dude in L.A...he was earning $5 per hour, but he earned well over six figures per year through his tips - and the fact that he worked 7 nights per week.

legallyblonde, Redwing and MTR like this.
  2. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Greg Gutfeld, love his humour.

Bayview likes this.