Do you tell your workmates?

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by MyDarlinghurst, 1st Apr, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Either they start uni early in the Phillipines or she was in the family way very young. She does live in an area with a low age for young mothers.

gman65 likes this.
  2. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

She does not deserve to live in your headspace :)

It’s not your job to be nice (I’m never “nice”), it’s your job to be effective.

I would actually even confront her “I’ve heard that you didn’t take my offer to take your shift because you think I make too much money in my properties... just pointing out that what I make is actually none of your business and in future I will not be offering anything to you”

Then leave it there. Go do something else after that, no problem should last that long.

wylie and Angel like this.
  3. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

No
    This would be playing right into her poverty game. I would not be asking anything!

Angel likes this.
  4. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

I don't have a job not in the last 18 years,but when I did work within the building game in a small business model no one was interested about investing ..Any stories around the one smoko each day were never filled with significant details about people lives..That may be the difference in working for yourself 9-5 and 5-9 and working in a large company complex..

With the question about do you tell about investment ,"No" those that need to know-know, the rest don't need to know anything..

The only way to look at this is not get nasty ,not with someone from a poor Asian country ,just tell the poor Lady that when her grandchildren come to Australia as that will be in her future plans ,that any UNI degree from the Phill
    in Dental Medical ect ,they will have to pass the board exam test before they do anything..That will keep her quite for a while ,till the black vodo doll comes out with red pins sticking in the feet first..

TMNT likes this.
  5. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

geez, he must be pretty desperate if he is willing to come to your house and fix it for free to hear some gossip, what a twat,
    I usually like to lie and say things like "oh its working now" or "my next door neighbour offered to do it for free"

Truly Exotic likes this.
  6. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

I had the shock of my life the other day, when a friend of mine who is overseas , that ive known for a while and is a nice girl,
    msged me and said "my granddaughter turned 2 today..."

shes younger than me and 36 years old........

Truly Exotic likes this.
  7. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

In a village in Guatemala where I spent a few weeks learning Spanish, my host family had a 15 yo girl with a 60yo great grandmother.

Meanwhile, a friend of mine became a father and a grandfather within 2 weeks (not to the same lady).

TMNT likes this.
  8. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Lol
    Gotta love MyD threads, always amusing

Angel likes this.
  9. MyDarlinghurst

MyDarlinghurst Well-Known Member

Any advice on how to deal with her tomorrow back at work?

Whilst she doesn't directly deal with me she will be passing me a few times probaly with a sNeaky smile;) knowing what she did to me last Saturday.

Should i not look ar her as im passing or actually greet her?

Im really pi.s...ed off on what she done just so i wouldnt get the overtime:mad:

10. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Be extra nice. :)

11. gman65

gman65 Well-Known Member

Confront her and tell her what you think.

If a woman..then ignore it and pretend everything is a-ok. Until you crack it at some inopportune moment instead.

12. Noobieboy

Noobieboy Well-Known Member

Pretend nothing happened and smile back. People like hat tend to feed of other people’s emotions. She will probably have a heart attack if you don’t get upset. All that effort, for nothing ...

13. MyDarlinghurst

MyDarlinghurst Well-Known Member

I have to be careful that she doesnt put a complaint in for bullying behaviour if i was to confront her.

14. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Divert your desk phone and emails to her for the day

15. Tifoso

Tifoso Well-Known Member

I like the idea about the dom and ferrari keys hahah. Really lean into it! Honestly who cares what people think but if they are effwits about it nothing you can do or say is likely to change. If not your property, they’d probably find something else to pick on you for.

Perhaps the way you communicated your success to this person rubbed them the wrong way. Why not just be proactive and confront her politely about it?

I don’t go out of my way to tell people at work or in general about our property enterprises, but I don’t hide it either. I don’t feel like I should have to. That being said I have not once felt any negativity from friends or anyone in the workplace who knows what we do, aside from the occasional “moneybags” type joke.

Most of the time people ask out of interest about what we are currently working on etc.

16. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

Surprised someone who is as blunt as you. Would even worry about what a bitchy middle aged lady thinks about you

willair likes this.