Do you know anyone outright breaking corona rules?

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by TMNT, 27th Mar, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

Do you know people breaking the rules?

1. Yes I know people deliberately breaking rules

20 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. Yes I know people unknowingly breaking rules

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  3. No, everyone around me is an angel

18 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Are false negative results a failure of the test kit? (Some 70% of one kit sent to Spain failed - The Guardian)

It brings forward the question: for those who submit to DNA tests via some of the genetic testing mobs eg ancestry.com etc will the results showing infection with Covid-19 impact on your insurance prospects?

2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

It is interesting, the comment above about Coles vs Woolworths and the methods of each store. I wonder if it is up to the store manager. I'm sure they have new rules, but perhaps they take a while to organise things.

I dropped hubby off for a scan yesterday, chose not to wait with him but went to our local Coles to grab some essentials. No limit on who entered, but hand sanitiser issued by a staff member as I entered, and disinfectant wipes for the trolley handle.

Felt fairly safe and everyone was keeping a safe distance. Every second checkout was closed with a barrier that forced people to line up at the very end aisle. No markings on the floor but trolleys in front of everyone plus a little extra was good distancing. Staff member calling the next customer as the person at the checkout was finishing up. Customers packing their own bags.

It worked well, but I'd still prefer to be able to get online delivery going.

Lizzie and Toon like this.
  3. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

and those that were flaunting the rules on bondi beach with that exact excuse, a few days later, a lot of young people from bondi beach contracted it,

if that doesnt change your mind, nothing will

4. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

Easter coming up along with the school break being official. Watch what happens.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein.

I don't exclude myself as one who hasn't done many dumb things either.

Lizzie likes this.
  5. Scott No Mates

Takeaways in full swing around here... Large groups gathering on the benches enjoying their purchases having impromptu picnics :confused:

6. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Some of the petulant responses (including by posters on this forum) to new restrictions show just how selfish ’nice and normal’ people can be when it’s something they don’t want to do.

I was tipped over the edge by comments on this site recommending that people could pretend to be holding an excercise class to flout the numbers allowed at a wedding.

FFS.

Lizzie likes this.
  7. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

That was me... and I was joking. I suspect most readers would have realised that. :rolleyes:

And you went on to say exercise classes would be ok because your yoga mat would be not too close to the next person. Were you joking too? (Apologies if that wasn't your comment.)

I was trying to point out the stupidity of having rules that don't tally with other rules. It is ludicrous that it is safe to have 10 people in a yoga class, or 20 in a boot camp, or hundreds at a voting booth.

We've been in pretty serious lockdown for several weeks.

Last edited: 29th Mar, 2020
    TMNT, HUGH72, skater and 2 others like this.
  8. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

My wife did her first yoga class via Zoom today.

9. Scott No Mates

Express yoga?

10. geoffw

Is this the post you referred to? It's the only one I could find which seemed close to what you were saying - and it's hardly saying what you're implying. I haven't seen anything which does, though I may have missed something.

It may be worth while to quote posts you are reacting to, as the wrong people may react to what you've said.

11. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Well-Known Member

Which is exactly why nothing short of a complete lock-down will work here in Australia. There exists some sort of ingrained mentality that there's always a loop-hole, a way around a regulation, law or legislation. The ignorant idea that certain rules only apply to certain people. That somehow I am different.

And FFS indeed...the entitlement mentality being shown right across the spectrum is an embarrassment. Remember Hockey's lifters and leaners? One crisis and if social media is an accurate gauge then we've suddenly morphed into an entire nation of whinging, selfish leaners.

Big businesses, industry and lobbyist groups, low-socio, the working middle class. Everyone thinks that the government will come to their rescue, that somehow we'll pour billions of dollars into the economy and once the nasty virus is controlled, we'll go back to normal.

So many are in for a monumental wake-up call. The deep recession we're heading into will make the GFC in Australia look like a boom period...

Angel, Lizzie, paulF and 5 others like this.
  12. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

I know someone who went out on a date. Didn't keep 1.5m apart.

13. geoffw

You watched them? Or were you half (or one third or less) of the date?

14. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

no, I was sent a photo with them close together. I pointed out the social distancing rules and he got defensive.

15. geoffw

Just the same as when my daughters were dating.

TMNT and Terry_w like this.
  16. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

I wasn’t the only one that took it seriously. But I acknowledge these are difficult times and - with all the blatant violations - it can be hard to tell when comments are sarcasm.

Just this morning, I saw two men (separately) charge through the clearly marked ‘out door only’ into Bunnings - despite Bunnings staff protesting that Bunnings now has a one way system to protect customers. They completely overrode Bunnings social distancing framework and loudly expressed their right to do so!

I was only there for 5 minutes so I wonder what the rest of the day there was like for them?

17. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

18. Smee

Smee Well-Known Member

That's sad for the Bunnings employees. If everybody just followed the Government directions, no matter what they believe, then there will be less restrictions, eventually. If it will save one life then it's worth it. Think of all the other infectious diseases being reduced.

The Y-man, Lizzie and Terry_w like this.
  19. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

TMNT likes this.
  20. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Owwwh. Me thinks some hefty fines gonna be handed out. Called cops again on same house. Music semi loud, sounds like many people. And... last I could see, 8 people sitting on wall in front of house.

Hope they get a hefty fine.

skater, Simon Hampel and Marg4000 like this.