Do you know anyone outright breaking corona rules?

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by TMNT, 27th Mar, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

Do you know people breaking the rules?

1. Yes I know people deliberately breaking rules

20 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. Yes I know people unknowingly breaking rules

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  3. No, everyone around me is an angel

18 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I love this poll very funny. ..... in Oz your going to the naughty corner if you break the rules

imagine if for a moment you were in China where there no considerations for human rights:(

2. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

You got home in time - no caravan park for you!

3. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

Some things just don't bear thinking about such as showers, etc. :eek:

4. Smee

Smee Well-Known Member

This, unfortunately, is a common occurrence for years. If everyone practiced common sense hygiene, my dad would be still alive. He caught the flu from an Aged Care worker at an aged care home and died. He had no respiratory, heart or underlying issues. He was 87 and the seasonal flu killed him.

5. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Many aged care workers must have a flu vaccination to continue working, and offer them for free. Obviously not this one.

6. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

I don’t think I can vote in the pole as no category. Someone I know flew in from Overseas hours before the compulsory 2 week self-isolate law came in. She went shopping, chemist and other activities. She said she was self isolating By trying not to talk or get close to other customers.

I’ve found people’s definitions concerning so I avoid going out.

wylie likes this.
  7. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Wow, this is terrible. Sorry to hear.

The Y-man likes this.
  8. Smee

Smee Well-Known Member

Vaccination is for known flus. Over 600,000 people die each year from flu. The problem is that the aged care worker was sick and still came to work. He was vaccinated. Lesson is that if you are sick and contagious, stay home. I could have taken him to court, but he did not intend to kill anyone. He feels bad enough as it is. Nothing I do will bring dad back. This is why I am against this poll. We should not point fingers and work together.

9. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

It's a dam which is required to stop the flow of Corona.

10. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Neighbour had her son and daughter in law over today ... and I did ahem to myself ... until I reminded myself that they work together during the week in an "esential" industry so no point in ignoring on the weekend

TMNT and AlphabetSoup like this.
  11. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

Hinze dam on the GC is closed due to bug

thought it may have been because there is a BBQ there and most mornings there is me, 2 others few roos, sea eagle, 100 swallows, pelicans, so the social isolation thing probably

But I get it now.

Its not about social isolation, but excluding risk to the water supply since if that sucker gets into the supply, municipal treatment works likley wont be able to kill it unless we deliver > 3 ppm Chlorine pool water to your house:)

Just one of many reasons why purification at consumption via UV over sub 1 micron carbon or Reverse Osmosis is a good idea.

At least none of OZ potable water is recycled as far as Im aware.............as it is in much of Europe

ta
    rolf

12. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Sorry. Then

BUILD THAT DAM WALL!

Scott No Mates likes this.
  13. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

We need the Mexicans to keep our property values from collapsing. Unfortunately it's too late, NSW health have put large numbers of the population at risk. The federal government have also been much too slow isolating and restricting inbound travelers. It's a failure of monumental proportions.

What really disappoints me is that I'm not able to visit my elderly parents as I mix with large numbers of people while at work and my family or I could put them at risk.

14. Smee

Smee Well-Known Member

By following these Government's directions we can also stop the spread of the deadly seasonal flu - "each year influenza causes an average of 13,500 hospitalisations and more than 3,000 deaths among Australians aged over 50 years" source - Colds and flu statistics

15. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Dobbed in a home. Sick of seeing them laugh away with their BBQs almost every evening, at least 20 to 35 guests showing up. Did this a few times last week. No social distancing, no regard for anything. They'd also often gather in front of their house and chat.

I'm not the dobbing type but enough is enough. Cops actually did show up
    Party over.

16. Casteller

Casteller Well-Known Member

Some people throwing eggs from balconies at people outside here. Problem is sometimes they're legit essential workers allowed outside to travel to work.

Not many people still breaking the rules here, it's strictly enforced with big fines and jail. Confinement rules enhanced now, ventured out today briefly for first time in 5 days to drop garbage bags and buy a few things. Have to take a form describing why you are outside in case questioned by police, and passport. Was only person in small supermarket, compulsory hand sanitizer at entrance. Cash not accepted anymore. On return have to put all clothes in a plastic bag for washing at 60 degrees and take a shower immediately without touching anything, shoes and bags to be left at door. Unlikely everyone does that though, but they've put up posters inside the buildings.

The Y-man, Stoffo, Toon and 1 other person like this.
  17. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

I'm guessing all under the age of 40? Probably the "we're young and the virus only affects old people, so we'll be fine" types.

18. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Looked that way.

There's more cases of healthy, young people getting it.

There was a teen in South Korea not long ago. Apparently he tested negative multiple times. On more testing he was positive with mild symptoms. Dead a week later. Imagine if the virus mutated to something like that.... Probably won't but..

I'd say it'd be game over without a vaccine.

17-year-old boy died after testing negative multiple times

Last edited: 29th Mar, 2020
  19. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

The local IGA was allowing only restricted numbers through the door (One out/one in), providing disposable gloves to all (had run out of sanitizer), card only.

They did have toilet paper, washing up liquid & meat on the shelves.

20. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

Disagree, it is more about getting people to take it seriously !

Example,
    Same suburb
    Woolworths, x on the ground spacing, every second checkout terminal blocked off, staff cleaning everything constantly :) (result people are spacing)
    Coles, nothing and business as usual :mad: (result, spreading covid 19)

How do I know this, because after 2 min at Coles I didn't feel safe and left :p

Every 2-3 days when I do go out things do seem to be improving ever so slowly, but still 50% of the public I see don't appear to give a rats :rolleyes:

TMNT, Marg4000, Bunbury and 1 other person like this.