Do You Hope The Sydney Property Market Crashes Hard?

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by datto, 23rd Jun, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

Do You Hope The Sydney Property Market Crashes Hard?

1. Yes

22 vote(s)
    56.4%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    43.6%
  1. datto

datto Well-Known Member

This is it. Time to tell us what you think. Whether you're a psychopath or a sycophant, it doesn't matter. What matters are your true feelings on this topic.

Look, the psychology behind this could well be an investment tactic ie yep, hope Sydney crashes so that I can buy up on the cheap and then wait for the next boom.....or it could be be some deep seeded resentment against capitalistic greed and have a great laugh as borrowers fall screaming from the IO loan cliff.

Your vote is important!

Marg4000 likes this.
  2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Can the crash wait until I get the cash out?

skater and datto like this.
  3. datto

datto Well-Known Member

OK. But hurry up. The bus is leaving soon.

4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I would love the areas I haven't invested in to 'crash' so I can grab some great deals. As long as it doesn't affect the areas I hold assets in. However, its a fairytale this 70% nationwide crash in all areas. It aint gonna materialize unless there is some colossal black swan event. The only swans I see atm are the ones in Centennial Park.

I still don't get it. All I seem to read is doom and gloom on the forum these days. I just see opportunity all around me. I've never bought into the D&G narrative. Sure markets change. But there is always opportunity. Just need to find it and make sure it matches your risk profile.

datto likes this.
  5. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

To hope the Sydney market has a catastrophic crash is to also hope for a catastrophic crash to our nationwide economy, countless jobs losses and years of woe for us as a nation . You won't have one without the other

6. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Don't worry buddy. The only place much of Sydney will be heading over the next 10-15 years is up. May be slower, may be quicker than anticipated. No idea. But its on an upward trajectory medium to long term. Macro factors are all hocus pocus. Supply and Demand. That's where it starts and ends. Finance will come. It always does if the demand is there.

Perthguy, datto and Codie like this.
  7. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Housing markets have a long history of booms followed by lengthy, relatively flat times or slight downturns.

Sure, in a flat market there are those who have to sell, and must reduce their price to secure a buyer. Most owners simply hang on till times improve. For others, a downturn can be the ideal time to upgrade. Or buy, if finances permit.

Mining dependent cities/towns are quite different and also, to a lesser extent, tourist dependent towns. These are subject to greater fluctuations in demand.

Sydney may flat-line for years or even a decade, but I can’t see a serious downturn without some major external event which impacts on all markets.
    Marg

Perthguy and datto like this.
  8. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

If Sydney gets hit in a big way, you can pretty much expect the same in Melbourne and fringe markets like Hobart.

datto likes this.