Do you contact the tenant directly?

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Invest_noob, 19th Feb, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. MyDarlinghurst

MyDarlinghurst Well-Known Member

Every industry has its sharks or shrewd business people.

Even I have a friend who has a Funeral Business making big $$$$ and I wont tell you the extra things they charge you for that dont exist.most do, invoices that are overcharged when people are vulnerable, picking up of deceased costs and transport , selling expensive caskets but not putting the deceased in that one before cremation,

But dont buy a expensive casket if you intend to cremate because Grandma wont be in that one , and as I said before dont leave expensive jewellery on Grandma, we all cant be silly enough to think the Funeral workers let the casket be buried with the deceased wearing a 50k gold necklace.

How many of us would take it off the deceased person after the family has the viewing if we were funeral directors , im sure most of us .....sadly to say
    Thats business

Last edited: 20th Feb, 2018
  2. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

I read that as "not puttinf the deceased in the casket before cremation"

Scared the crap out of me

3. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

I ve only given my details out a few tines. But ive stopped doing it since i got threatened by a tenants father cos there was a loose PowerPoint.

4. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

I had tenants once who had locked themselves out of their unit. They were flying back to town, and arranged with the PM to pick up they keys. They were given the wrong keys (to the flat next door) and returned the keys to pick up the correct keys.

The PM was on her way out having closed shop 10 minutes early. She started telling and screaming at the tenants, in the street.

If the tenants hadn't had my email address, I would not have known about this PM.

So it's not always a bad thing for tenants being able to contact you. Even a throwaway email address could be useful to give them.

Tom Rivera and Anthony Brew like this.
  5. neK

neK Well-Known Member

I don't contact my tenants.
    On occasion I might go there to do some tasks, but I'm always a guy the owner organized to come out and fix things.

If you don't trust your pm, then get a new PM

Tom Rivera likes this.
  6. Anthony Brew

Anthony Brew Well-Known Member

How would you know if you can trust them to be taking care of the tenants in the first place if there is no feedback loop.

Invest_noob likes this.