Do you buy (xmas presents) for relatives you don't like?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Otie, 20th Dec, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Otie

Otie Well-Known Member

Some kids have no limits. The child I was referring to has none. Sits up til he drops and is on multiplayer’s games until he drops. He isn’t even 10. Has tantrums if you try to pry him away from his devices, takes a laptop, iPad and usually another device everywhere he goes.

2. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

... but don't adults take their iPhone everywhere they go ?? just saying... adults can be just as bad... addicted.

Marg4000 likes this.
  3. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Several years ago we made an agreement with all the other family members that no Christmas presents would be bought/exchanged as none of us needed, or particularly wanted, anything.

We'd gotten to the stage where we were buying "stuff", so it was best just to forget the commercial side of Christmas and just eat, drink and be merry.

We do still give each other whole family gift boxes if - and only if - we will see them on the day. These are made up of local produce - honey, pickles, jams, chocolates, sauces etc - that will be useful and used by the next year.

So better stress-wise and financially

Last edited: 22nd Dec, 2017
    Lemmy a fiver likes this.
  4. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Yep - we've been given a blueray video when we only have the old fashioned DVD sort

5. Famil Man

Famil Man Well-Known Member

Both sides of my family adopted secret santa a few years ago. The limit started out at $100 which allowed for some decent "surprise" gifts. The limits last and this year is $50. I find that finding a decent thought out gift for an adult for $50 is difficult. Lucky Google Home Mini's were down to $53 recently.
    I planted the idea that i would be happy with a "Mini" this year as well. Fingers crossed its not a $50 gift card for bunnings.

6. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Returnathon, today is the day you return gifts. LOL