Do Property Development Courses Really Help?

Discussion in 'Development' started by MTR, 30th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

I expect the issue is not the quality, content or the magic of the course

It's the space between knowing and ............doing.

im drawing some analogies between that type of course and lost and lost of self development and financial education work I have been involved in.

Ta

Rolf

Mitesh Dedhia likes this.
  2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

I'd suggest having a look at the master builders association of NSW - keys to Property development - it'll give you the tools then learn how to fill in the gaps.

3. benofbrisbane

benofbrisbane Well-Known Member

For mine, I haven't done any courses. I have (a while ago now) spent a lot of time on the old forum. I have read Forlee and a couple of others. It depends on the person I guess. I reckon you just need to do it. Don't worry about the naysayers and push on. Being a developer is nothing at all like gambling. Anyone who says that simply does not know what they are talking about. Gambling is about luck. Development is about making the right decisions and working your butt off for years at a time to get a project to fruition.

4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

What helps the most is having experienced contacts/friends help you along the way for the first 1 or two.

MTR likes this.
  5. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I haven't done a course. I'm not really interested. My background is helping my parents build their first house 25 years ago. I also followed my brother in law's builds. 2 in Perth and 6 on the Gold Coast. I haven't picked up much but I'm starting out by building one townhouse. That is a learning experience in itself.