Do developers regularly look for investors?

Discussion in 'Development' started by Mario Llige, 15th Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

You will be setting up a new entity - those are totals, regardless of who invests. If you went with only a small number then not a managed investment scheme, a jv or partnership so this may not apply.

The $2m is cash, you can borrow on top of that. If you are doing larger then the cost of doing a registered MIS is not bad as a percentage of spend.

darrenonsnow likes this.
  2. Eleven

Eleven Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm a small developer (registered VIC builder and HIA member) looking for help to fund future projects. I'm only interested to build 2-6 units/homes per site. I have a few on the go now, but always looking for investors to help me grow my business, if the right opportunity comes up and the ROE is attractive.

About me - I had a long management career in institutional banking and portfolio management, but decided to follow my passion years ago and haven't looked back.

Last edited: 27th Feb, 2016
    Jaussie and apk like this.
  3. Mario Llige

Mario Llige Member

Thanks for your answer, Eleven.

How do you currently find investors? Did you try other ways to find them in the past?

4. Eleven

Eleven Well-Known Member

All of my work has come from word of mouth to date. However, I don't want to rely on one source and need to grow. So I'm exploring different ways I.e. Social, real estate agent, accountant, mortgage lenders.
    I develop sites, build, and also build for others, but ideally I would like an investor that does 2-5 projects per year.

5. Mario Llige

Mario Llige Member

I'm investigating ways to make this easier. I can share my findings with you. Would it be okay to stay in touch with you? My email address is [email protected] if you'd like to stay in touch. Anyone else in the same situation is welcome to send me an email too.

6. Eleven

Eleven Well-Known Member

Sure, sent you a PM